Tint for front windows NLA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bhamnole

SILVER Star
Threads
According to the local tint shop, my '98 LC windows on 2nd/3rd row has factory mirrored bronze like tint in the glass. It is a light mirror but it does appear that way. Apparently the mirrored film they used use to match the front windows is NLA. So, according to this company, my choice is either to go with a black,non-mirrored version as close as possible to the factory % or leave it as is. Seems that the non-mirrored version wouldn't look very good. Anybody run into this lately?

Search for Viper 30 here on the forum, it's the closest match to the factory bronze. It showed up for sale here on the forum a few times, but rare.

You can get it to match, or you can just tint over it the factory privacy glass, the difference is not super noticeable.

Never understood why folks want to match the factory tint so bad, it's not very dark.

Here is 5% over the rear factory privacy glass and 50% on the whole front windshield. Notice it's a bit more reflective in the back.

For folks who want the tint to match the back, search Viper 30 ceramic as noted above and connect up with @Keving007 who has some for sale.

I pretty much agree. I'd like it gone from the back windows.
I agree it looks bad on many vehicles (looking at you, Lexus RX300), but it looks really good on a lot of vehicles too. Mercedes S-Class looks very upscale and handsome with its blueish mirrored tint. Pretty sure Land Rover and Tesla also use some nice mirror tints, as well as Bentley and Rolls-Royce.

I’ve got the bronze tint on my LX and think it suits the car well, adds an upscale look as well as some useful function. At least it doesn’t look like murdered out drug dealer black tint.

I think the cheap aftermarket are what gives mirrored tint a bad name. I’m remembering seeing some heavy mirror tints on like some late 90s Honda Accords and whatnot. Those look absolutely atrocious.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom