Builds time to start over (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Glowshift true wide band set up arrived today, hopefully the matching oil pressure gauge rolls up soon

IMG_20200715_125131.jpg

Looks like great progress is being made

The panhard rod wont brake in a hurry and although the links look a lot stronger than factory ones they are also designed to be the weak link in the system should something need to give

Ordered some superior fixed length lower and adjustable upper rear arms last night, going to be 1 tough rear end

So today i had the car run on a local dyno to see how much power the snorkel was robbing from me. Absolutely shocked but stoked at the reaults as now i know why ots down on power. time for a 4 inch stainless snorkel.

FB_IMG_1611323405270.jpg

So today i had the car run on a local dyno to see how much power the snorkel was robbing from me. Absolutely shocked but stoked at the reaults as now i know why ots down on power. time for a 4 inch stainless snorkel.l
~16.3% loss. Way more than I would've expected!
Ye i was a pretty supprised i expected 10hp at the most

Yeah, that's approx the loss expected through the entire drivetrain. I would've expected it to be about even (cooler air vs longer distance) but I suppose they're designed solely to raise intake and probably little research is done on how internal turbulence/airflow rates are impacted by their shape.

Personally, I'd be curious to hook up the computer see AFM readings with and without the snorkel to see the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom