Builds time to start over (1 Viewer)

Ultragauge and wideband gauge dont show a difference, i think its because the computer just adds more fuel for the extra air so the ratio doesnt change

I have a feeling this is the main problem in the tjm snorkel

FB_IMG_1611529393734.jpg

FB_IMG_1611529387763.jpg

Yes, it does choke down there! I hadn't considered how little the manufacturers focused on airflow.

I meant total cubic meters of air per minute. But you could work backwards and see wide-open throttle injector duty cycle % with and without snorkel. Since the vehicle's computer will maintain the 14.7:1 air:fuel ratio, if there is less air the injectors won't be running as high. Seems pointless though, as you have the dyno numbers.

Enjoyed reading your build!

Yes, it does choke down there! I hadn't considered how little the manufacturers focused on airflow.

I meant total cubic meters of air per minute. But you could work backwards and see wide-open throttle injector duty cycle % with and without snorkel. Since the vehicle's computer will maintain the 14.7:1 air:fuel ratio, if there is less air the injectors won't be running as high. Seems pointless though, as you have the dyno numbers.

Enjoyed reading your build!
From the day it was tuned with all the mods and only gained 16hp i knew something was up, will be getting it retuned when snorkel is done

The snorkel power loss may be falsely inflated on the dyno vs real world. With stock (under hood) intake the air is more or less stagnant even while moving (or at least isn't being directed at the intake,) as opposed to a snorkel which is having air actively rammed into the intake head at whatever speed you're driving. Just a theory.
Hope you get it sorted

The snorkel power loss may be falsely inflated on the dyno vs real world. With stock (under hood) intake the air is more or less stagnant even while moving (or at least isn't being directed at the intake,) as opposed to a snorkel which is having air actively rammed into the intake head at whatever speed you're driving. Just a theory.
Hope you get it sorted
Have a look at the photo of the joiner pipe, the snorkel only really rams air over 120kph, the restriction and turbulence in that pipe is the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom