Builds time to start over (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Our prado 150s use the exact same uca as the fj and superior also sell this uca for the fj , so its not a waste of money as i do need ucas

I needed ucas eventually just wasnt planning on buying them so soon haha, prettyvkeen to see them up close

So heres a quick video with the 16x4 inch lukey glasspack muffler. Really happy with how well it sounds for a v6. Minimal drone at cruising speed, not to loud bit loud enough with a nice growl when i give it a bit.

IMG_20190607_175109.jpg

So after a weekend of having the new muffler on the car seems a lot happier to chug along at 110kph and goes through the rev ranger a bit quicker to, either those factory mufflers are shot or mine was starting to block.

Hopefully not to long before the headers are done.

Hey Stellz, lets us know if the ticking/tapping sound changes or goes away with the new headers. Kinda curious if its the headers in our vehicles that the tacoma and 4runner guys say is a possible cause.

Uca's done, car no longer wants to wander all over the road. Ball joint caps wouldnt stay in and apparently the ball joints are pretty well sealed so left them off.

Bit of clunking for the first 30 odd km which seams to have eased up so im assuming its all the moving parts wearing in and the grease getting worked through

IMG_20190622_124443.jpg

Car is much nicer on the road, no more arms binding on coils, o degree camber and 4.55 and 5.22 degree castor and hopefully the ball joint doesnt bind anymore.

Also removed o-ring from dust caps and put a good amount of thread tape on them and the caps now seem to stay in

Nice.

Airaid intake installed, car doesnt drive any different from what i can tell but that was expected, the intake is no longer rubbing on my second battery and with a bead of silicone along the outside of the filter mount i suspect it would seal against water better then the factory one does.

IMG_20190718_183007.jpg

So stellz, you didnt require any silicon hose to connect it or make any more cuts to the metal wheel arch area? Did it go directly onto the intake pipe from the tjm snorkel?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom