Builds time to start over (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I haven't updated my A750 thread, but from talking to lots of folks about my slippage & gear change issues, new valve bodies don't necessarily fix it. I will update that thread for consistency, but the latest advice I've been given is to swap the fluid and then add 1/2 bottle of GM limited slip diff fluid (which amounts to about 4 ounces.
Im really just hoping it will cope with all the extra weight added down the track. I looked into diff gears but they are just two expensive for me

Actually while we are on the diff ratio topic, if i was to fork out for diff gears. Nitro, yukon or revolution and would 4.56 be too much for 33.3 ow 33.8 tyres?

I've been a long time Nitro fan. 4.56 should be good for that size. You can compare gear ratios here...
In the first drop down box select the Toyota A750E and then in the second drop down plug in Tacoma and FJ for the tcase.
You can skip step 3, and go to step 4 for diff gears
After that it's all about tires.

Resulting stats will show RPMs and speedo readings.

Ye i have messed around with that, at 100kph (63mph) on 33.8s i was going to Be at 2056rpm, not sure how this will effect fuel economy. Dont want to drop it down to low and be chewing the juice

So on the topic of gearing, has anyone looked into a lower ratio gear for the transfer case (just the highrange) would be far cheaper then rebuilding two whole diffs and have the same effect as re gearing the diffs

So on the topic of gearing, has anyone looked into a lower ratio gear for the transfer case (just the highrange) would be far cheaper then rebuilding two whole diffs and have the same effect as re gearing the diffs

Wouldn't be practical. High range in any Toyota transfer case is just a straight pass through, 1:1. Redesigning and manufacturing new transfer case gear sets would be way more expensive and a lot harder than re-gearing the diffs. Almost impossible for the FJC anyway, because the transfer case is chain-driven.

Quick bit of wiring last night red arc dual sensing battery isolator, this one allows the solar panels i use camping to charge both the aux battery then after a certain voltage is reached it allows the start battery to be charged aswell, same goes for if i have a 240v charger hooked up.

Can also be overriden to jump start.

IMG_20190406_134133.jpg

IMG_20190406_134146.jpg

So one of the companies that does supercharges here for numerous cars including fjs has recently starting tuning n/a 1gr engines, this is 95 octane on stock car.

Their first tunes were 91 and included a comparison between stock and removing the restriction from the airbox inlet which gave them another 15hp over stock.

Ill be running their 98 octane tune with airaid intake and full exhaust, hoping to push 250hp on stock size tyres

FB_IMG_1554784125578.jpg

Last edited:
Bit more wiring. Wired up the second 12v point in the back and an anderson plug to the front of the grill so i can plug the solar panel in with out lifiting the bonnet

IMG_20190414_101953.jpg

IMG_20190414_101946.jpg

So little green truck is booked in to have a custom catless and higher clearance mid pipe made and fitted in 3 weeks, will post pictures when its done.

Nice truck. In AUS do you guys still get 2019 FJ like the Middle East, Africa, and Philippines, or did production "stop" for you guys, like it did for us in 2014?

We ni longer get it, we got an update in 2014 which came with a second tank bringing fuel capacity to 159 liters and 5 speed crawl control which ended 2016.

Mines an update model

Looking at the catback section of the exhaust, i think would be just ad beneficial and more cost effective to just swap out the factory muffler with a smaller high flow unit as the pipe work is already pretty good there. No tight crush bends and no rear ground clearance issues

Ordered an airtech snorkel today, so should be here soon, prefer the look of the safari but t snorkels are 20% off atm so price won over. As long as it seals properly im happy

Screenshot_20190523-173830.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom