Throwing parts at a 60 build thread. Now Featuring V8 swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I know @woody touts these guys, but I don't see any Toyota categories on their website. Maybe there is a secret MUD entrance?

I saw them too a while back and never saw toyota on it either. The other two I know of are Tom Woods and High angle. Marlin Crawler built my driveshafts for my old 4runner, but i dont think they are doing that anymore

100% yes. I still have a few minor things to work out, but I'd jump in it and drive cross country tomorrow if I needed to.
Hell yeah! We have a trip planned to Sedona AZ next year in the 60 and am really hoping i can get it dialed before then. I REALLY didnt want to drive the 2f across the country. That would have been terrible

Woody, do you like them over TW?
TW does not use OEM factory Toyota joints. I'll take a Toyota u-joint any day of the week over a 1350 or 1310.

JE Reel is doing FACTORY OEM slips, flanges, u-joints, etc...with their own tube. I have one in the rear of my FZJ80 and have one going into the rear of my new buggy build....that is going to be on 42 stickys :D

JE Reel has been working to source the factory Toyota stuff for a couple years. Knowing how busy Jim and his team is, it will be another year or three until they get anything online.

TW does not use OEM factory Toyota joints. I'll take a Toyota u-joint any day of the week over a 1350 or 1310.

JE Reel is doing FACTORY OEM slips, flanges, u-joints, etc...with their own tube. I have one in the rear of my FZJ80 and have one going into the rear of my new buggy build....that is going to be on 42 stickys :D

JE Reel has been working to source the factory Toyota stuff for a couple years. Knowing how busy Jim and his team is, it will be another year or three until they get anything online.

oh perfect! Thanks for the heads up. Going to give them a call and see if they can do me up a thin diameter tube for the front axle to get a little more oil pan clearance. Would be awesome to have new Toyota ujoints. Then I can keep what I have in my current drive shaft as a spare. Good stuff, thank you!

The package has been secured and will be picked up tomorrow morning!

LM7 5.3 with 70K miles and a 2wd 4l60e off the back of it. Hopefully will be good to drop straight in. No flies in the ointment

231WxrKl.jpg

TLsMtsXl.jpg

fHy7o6Yl.jpg

The 2f was not a fan.
938232E6-E43F-47E1-BC35-E0594A4E3340.jpeg

Thankfully I was able to use my dads truck to pull it from Arkansas back to their house in Memphis. Only had to pull it a few miles in the 60. The 6.2 in the Denali gave no effs

AF7F08CD-7099-4C83-9671-9DEF7FC62BD4.jpeg

Parts starting to roll in.

FJ62 lower airbox with FZJ80 upper airbox and a new Denso Filter

mll2M4al.jpg

Marks Adapters for oil pressure and water temp got here from Australia in 5 days. Pretty crazy. Have some Toyota senders hand tight in the adapters to test fit.

kw2hXRSl.jpg

Hot rod oil pan Kit

HEWea6sl.jpg

Landcruiser Shop motor mount and crossmember kit is pretty nice. Going to save me some time getting the motor installed

3eht7lwl.jpg

HCXbomSl.jpg

Not Pictured:
- Got an Arb digital tire inflator, hose kit, and universal mount to give me some onboard air and to power a front locker. I think i got the last dual compressor ARB in the entire country from Freddie @ MEO.

-Complete Tcase seal kit and Drive Pinion nut From @orangefj45

Arriving this week:

-Hooker Manifolds
-Remflex manifold gasket set
-AA Tcase Adapter
-Lokar Shifter

Ordered but need motor in for:

-Howell Harness/FJ60 LS Radiator/PS hose from @FJ60Cam

Not Ordered yet:
-Coolant hoses and what not
-figure out fuel fittings and hoses
-probably new AC condenser, evap, etc.
-AC hoses
-Brake Switch
-Cruise Control switch. Would be cool to somehow make an 80 series switch work, but if not, gm

Trying to order as much as i can within the TLCA/normal cruiser network

I am possibly going to have my stock tach reprinted rebuilt so it will list 2-4-6-8 on the rpm instead of 1-2-3-4 in order to keep the factory front lit gauge, but after watching a video of cams 60 before he went to the Speedhut gauges, I kind of think the needle going past the 4k rpm is kind of hilarious and want to keep it.

The child in me really wants to order this electric controlled exhaust cutout kit. I plan on running 2 cats, the largest quietest muffler i can find, and the largest resonator that will fit. This cutout kit will be installed in front of the muffler, and will give me straight pipes with turndowns at the push of a button.

The only downside to this is that its a possible place for exhaust leaks and water crossings might fry the little actuator motors.

Last edited:
So... bad news. Lokar shifter is weeks out, Advance adapters is a month+ out. I freaking hate covid. Georg is checking what hes got on the adapters. If he doesnt, Marks4wd in australia has the exact same kit AA does it looks like so might have to order directly from them and pay arm and a leg on shipping it to the states

So... bad news. Lokar shifter is weeks out, Advance adapters is a month+ out. I freaking hate covid. Georg is checking what hes got on the adapters. If he doesnt, Marks4wd in australia has the exact same kit AA does it looks like so might have to order directly from them and pay arm and a leg on shipping it to the states

Unless something has changed AA sources the adapters from Marks. They may make their own now but when I did my V8 swap I ordered directly from Marks in AUSTRALIA on a Thursday and they were on my porch when I got home from work the following Tuesday. My advice is to skip the middle man and go direct, PayPal will handle the currency conversion. As far as shipping goes air freight was $120 in 2016 dollars.

Pertaining to the shifter check summit, JEGS, speedway etc as they stock a lot of Lokar parts.

Using PayPal I've ordered several parts from vendors in Australia over the last few weeks. Suggest using Australia Post if it's an option. DHL sucks. Good luck.

Someone had to be sitting on all that somewhere.

I’m hoping that guy is Georg. He’s checking what he has in the shop and is going to get back to me. He said he’s got bits and pieces but is seeing if he’s

Unless something has changed AA sources the adapters from Marks. They may make their own now but when I did my V8 swap I ordered directly from Marks in AUSTRALIA on a Thursday and they were on my porch when I got home from work the following Tuesday. My advice is to skip the middle man and go direct, PayPal will handle the currency conversion. As far as shipping goes air freight was $120 in 2016 dollars.

Pertaining to the shifter check summit, JEGS, speedway etc as they stock a lot of Lokar parts.

damn I had no idea! I was looking on the marks website and they legitimately look identical in the pictures. They are like 13 hours ahead of us here, going to give them a call tonight.

I’ve been calling around for the shifter stuff, it seems everyone just drop ships straight from Lokar. I’m looking for the black cable operated 12 inch shifter and everyone I’ve checked with so far says lokar is on back order. I haven’t given up yet though. Seems people don’t keep those in physical Much

Using PayPal I've ordered several parts from vendors in Australia over the last few weeks. Suggest using Australia Post if it's an option. DHL sucks. Good luck.
Going to cal them tonight. I ordered a oil pressure and water temp adapter from them last week and it was no issues on the conversion and everything. That’s the last ditch option if Georg doesn’t have a complete kit I think

I’m hoping that guy is Georg. He’s checking what he has in the shop and is going to get back to me. He said he’s got bits and pieces but is seeing if he’s

damn I had no idea! I was looking on the marks website and they legitimately look identical in the pictures. They are like 13 hours ahead of us here, going to give them a call tonight.

I’ve been calling around for the shifter stuff, it seems everyone just drop ships straight from Lokar. I’m looking for the black cable operated 12 inch shifter and everyone I’ve checked with so far says lokar is on back order. I haven’t given up yet though. Seems people don’t keep those in physical Much

Going to cal them tonight. I ordered a oil pressure and water temp adapter from them last week and it was no issues on the conversion and everything. That’s the last ditch option if Georg doesn’t have a complete kit I think

I ordered my parts online and did all communications via email.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom