Throwback to 1989 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My first Cruiser, an '84 FJ60 I bought in the summer of 1989, right before I turned 16. My Dad surfaced this photo a while back. I had no idea it even existed. That same winter I drove up to Asheville, NC to pick up my parents, whose car had broken down. We got caught in a blizzard headed home. I26 was a parking lot and my dad must have stepped out to snap this. This was the first of three '84 60's I've owned. The third one is still with me.

fullsizeoutput_2201.jpeg

So at the age of 16 you had a cruiser that was only 5 years old?

apparently paper routes paid pretty good in the south.
So at the age of 16 you had a cruiser that was only 5 years old?
Back in '86 or so one of our fellow Southern Nevada Land Cruiser members, Paul Enos, bought an FJ60 from one of his neighbors for the princely sum of $2,500 - it couldn't have been more than five years old. Prices sure have gone up since then :rolleyes:.

BTW, I still own the '84 FJ60 I bought new at Toyota West in Las Vegas.

First owner had it in FL and the sun faded the paint on the hood and roof badly. I got a pretty good deal from the second owner because of the paint. It had 60K miles.

We actually had a crazy winter here in Currituck Nc obx area losts of 4wheeler riding in the snow we actually had a blizzard lol

Brand new 60's were around 20 grand back in the late 80's. A captain with Alaska Airlines occasionally had one parked in the same airport lot where I did.

I remember thinking that it must be nice to earn a pilot's salary...

Back in '86 or so one of our fellow Southern Nevada Land Cruiser members, Paul Enos, bought an FJ60 from one of his neighbors for the princely sum of $2,500 - it couldn't have been more than five years old. Prices sure have gone up since then :rolleyes:.

BTW, I still own the '84 FJ60 I bought new at Toyota West in Las Vegas.
Paul used to buy and sell cruisers all the time. He got lucky on that one. He also asked my (recently divorced) mother if she would give away the 1972 rolling body and chassis she had in her back yard. Luckily she called me first.

Paul used to buy and sell cruisers all the time. He got lucky on that one. He also asked my (recently divorced) mother if she would give away the 1972 rolling body and chassis she had in her back yard. Luckily she called me first.
Sounds like Paul!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom