Throttle Position Sensor P0120 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
About 2 years ago I got a P0120 code (interestingly this was when I was playing with the transmission kickdown cable) right before a trip and decided to just buy a new TPS and be done with it, and that seemed to have worked, until the last few months.

Now I am getting a P0120 code intermittently. Sometimes when I check the throttle valve % with an OBDII scan tool, it reads correctly at 10% closed 75% wide open. Other times it reads 0.4% closed and 40%-50% wide open.

Today I followed the procedure in the FSM and unfortunately today is a day where the TPS is working correctly at 10%-75%.

Out of curiosity I went on to step two: Check voltage between terminal 1 of wire harness side connector and body ground.

I only get a voltage of .02V and it is supposed to be 4.5-5.5V

I went on to step 5: Check voltage between terminals VCC and E2 of ECM.

This passed at 5V

At this point the FSM states: Check for open in harness and connector between ECM and sensor (VCC line)

The harness near the EGR looks good (also I disabled the EGR years ago). What else should I do?

Why is the TPS spitting out good readings of 10%-75% if terminal 1 is supposed to be at 5V and its only at .02V?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom