Thoughts on a non HE 200 putting on the bronze wheels ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Why not? Hell I painted my stock 200 wheels bronze because I liked the black/bronze look. Still got em in the garage. It's a sharp wheel, and it's YOUR truck. Do it.
I had the roof basket on it before the HE came out, but have since lost it.

I've got em on my 2013 lx570. They look way too good to pass on, they're OEM and BBS forged.

Never thought I'd get bbs wheels on my SUV before my bimmer 😂

I dig the heritage badge and there's nothing denoting 'Heritage Edition' on it, it's simply a copy of the old school LC badge. I have considered putting them on mine and don't find it poser at all.

Personally, trd pro wheels (in black) and the HE headlights is the furthest I’d go.

I wouldn’t do the badges cause it’s not a true HE.

It’s like seeing those 4Runner’s or Tacoma’s that have TRD Pro badges, that aren’t.

Also, It’s your car, do what you want!

Lots of people putting the d-pillar badge on non-heritage base models, and that I know of no one is judging them for it. That, and the bronze wheels, look great.
I haven't put one on my vehicle. To me it's cool 'cause it says land cruiser, which it is.
Realistically, if you think about it, the heritage version is no more or less a LC than a non-heritage version. Toyota marketing, that's all

So it would be ok to put a Highlander badge on my 200?
if you could figure out a way to make "Pregnant Highlander" look like the HE "Toyota Land Cruiser" badge on the D-pillar, that would be the ultimate troll move. I would bet you'd sell one or two if you came up with the design/product.

I haven't put one on my vehicle. To me it's cool 'cause it says land cruiser, which it is.
Realistically, if you think about it, the heritage version is no more or less a LC than a non-heritage version. Toyota marketing, that's all
100% agreed. Lazy even on toyota's part. Slap a glorified sticker on the side, make some aesthetic/minor functional change (read: cool box), swap rear springs (why?), but no true differences otherwise. But it does create a sense of scarcity. Which they are clearly going for.

I’ve seen guys take oem trd tundra 18’s and paint em bronze. Imo the look fantastic. I just found on Facebook TRD take off rims with brand new michelin AT tires for $1,100. Paint em bronze and roll on down the road.

Don’t get me wrong, stock 18inch forged bbs wheels are sweet, but not $500 per rim sweet.

I’ve seen guys take oem trd tundra 18’s and paint em bronze. Imo the look fantastic. I just found on Facebook TRD take off rims with brand new michelin AT tires for $1,100. Paint em bronze and roll on down the road.

Don’t get me wrong, stock 18inch forged bbs wheels are sweet, but not $500 per rim sweet.
Where are those wheels located?!!

Where are those wheels located?!!
These are just outside of Charlotte.

IMG_4728.png

Depends if you are a purist or not. But I bet the wheels will not be the only thing that is not "model corect" so might as well go nuts with it :).
In my book as long as you do not put a heritage badge on your non heritage truck you can do whatever and you are not a poser.
similar to calling a lexus a land cruiser. I like the D pillar badge. To each their own not sure why someone would get tweeked over a styling modification.

One detail on tundra takeoffs.. they will be 275 width and even at only 10mm it is a noticeable difference on a cruiser/LX. That is a great deal when considering new tires though.

Personally, trd pro wheels (in black) and the HE headlights is the furthest I’d go.

I wouldn’t do the badges cause it’s not a true HE.

It’s like seeing those 4Runner’s or Tacoma’s that have TRD Pro badges, that aren’t.

Also, It’s your car, do what you want!
A true HE? Which was basically a coolbox, third row, and running board delete and some bronze wheels? Farthest from anything related to ‘Heritage’. Do whatever you want. Toyota did and tricked people into paying more for it.

Last edited:
A true HE? Which was basically a coolbox and running board delete and some bronze wheels? Farthest from anything related to ‘Heritage’. Do whatever you want. Toyota did and tricked people into paying more for it.
Don’t forget the black head liner, smoked head lights, different grill, that ugly metal trim thing along the bottom doors delete, different leather with gold stitching. So yeah, a TRUE Heritage Edition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom