Thoughts on a non HE 200 putting on the bronze wheels ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Depends if you are a purist or not. But I bet the wheels will not be the only thing that is not "model corect" so might as well go nuts with it :).
In my book as long as you do not put a heritage badge on your non heritage truck you can do whatever and you are not a poser.

Lots of people putting the d-pillar badge on non-heritage base models, and that I know of no one is judging them for it. That, and the bronze wheels, look great.

Maybe off topic... I have this 70th anniversary logo laying around, which as it happens has validity for a 2021 MY Land Cruiser, given production of the first BJ Land Cruiser model started in 1951, while it only received its Land Cruiser name in June 1954...

One day I may try and I hope I like it

1684814491329.png

Lots of people putting the d-pillar badge on non-heritage base models, and that I know of no one is judging them for it. That, and the bronze wheels, look great.

I believe everyone should do whatever they like with their truck. People will judge it anyway, even if they are not aware of that; that's how our brain works.

And because the OP asked us what we think here it is. my take...
Upgrading one's truck is a nobile pursuit either functional or aesthetic. I've done this many times getting parts from better models than mine and even from other brands. I take pride on that.
But putting a different badge on is clearly a pretense showing that the owner is not proud enough of their vehicle, needing the halo of that badge to make their possession better.

The d pillar badge is an old school classy mod that pays homage and adds a sense of nostalgia for the good ol’ days. Plus it acknowledges the Land Cruiser roots for where it all started. I don’t see anything wrong with it.

Last edited:
I thought about it when shopping for wheels on my LC. Decided it was a bit too poser and passed. But I'm the type that puts OEM parts only on models that originally came with them 🤷‍♂️

The badge doesn’t actually say Heritage Edition..

So I have absolutely no idea where “not proud enough” would come from.

I guess I should rephrase. No one who’s opinion I give a s*** about would judge.

I believe everyone should do whatever they like with their truck. People will judge it anyway, even if they are not aware of that; that's how our brain works.

And because the OP asked us what we think here it is. my take...
Upgrading one's truck is a nobile pursuit either functional or aesthetic. I've done this many times getting parts from better models than mine and even from other brands. I take pride on that.
But putting a different badge on is clearly a pretense showing that the owner is not proud enough of their vehicle, needing the halo of that badge to make their possession better.
Lol ok dude.

We are not talking about putting M3 plastics on a 320i.

Poser or acceptable?
As an HE owner, it is TOTALLY a POSER move....

JK. Do what you want to your truck. If you like the wheels, get them! You want whatever badge on the D-pillar, go for it! I like tasteful additions. Just don't make it look like it's sponsored in Nascar IMO.

I found out recently that if you do not care what others think, you’ll be much happier. I mod my truck in the way that I like, not to seek approval of others.

My wife put a TRD offroad sticker on ours :)

IMG_3377.jpeg

I found out recently that if you do not care what others think, you’ll be much happier. I mod my truck in the way that I like, not to seek approval of others.

View attachment 3330196
I agree with not caring what other people think. I also think its super cool to preserve the original look. A little torn and wanted to take the pulse from a few LC obsessed folks. Thanks for feedback everyone!

View attachment 3330196

Poser level 1000 LOL

Poser or acceptable?

Its a great wheel (probably the best), and looks great on an LC.
There is nothing to pose over when the HE and your truck are 99% identical.
If anything the HE is the true poser, with a pseudo limited edition consisting of a badge, rear coils, and a roof basket !!!

I've got an extra set of the bronze wheels I got then decided against putting them on my 2017.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom