This Is Not How You Want To Try To Drive Your 4x4 Down A Steep Slope (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That sucks!

Ouch:cry:

Dutch, they say :
-if you don't get nervous from this...
-all agree it is a problem to do this one
-let it roll
-block it
-straight!

Lesson to be learned, you can't steer a vehicle if the wheels are locked up, have to let tires roll even if you're freaking out.

Biggest problem looked to be tires coated in mud even before he started. Low range doesn't help when it just mud slipping on mud. While I hate rust more I do hate mud. Spent too many hours washing caked on mud to prevent rust.

Slip sliding away

Reminds me of the infamous @Saddletramp "unintentional mud run" back in 2016, whereby a bunch of us slid around in mud up to our axles for a day. I can remember getting out and grabbing a wooden stick to try and make my mudball tires look like they had tread on them. Very disconcerting to come to a stop, and yet your truck c9ntinues to slide in any downhill direction.

I think I'm still cleaning off dried up mud in unusual places from that run!

I grew up in northern Michigan and learned to drive in snow and ice early on. You have to pump brakes, prevent wheel slip and maintain steeering control. When s*** goes wrong you can't always determine where you will stop, but you can almost always determine where you will go if you don't panic.

My first thought is to use a little ebrake while trying to steer straight down. Let the rear wheels drag just a little.

Do people actually know who the nightrider is, because he would have done it.
I think if a lot of bystanders all talk sĥit know it is going to happen.

This was in Wales 2013, no more roadlicense, no more insurance so proably scrapped.

file.php

Last edited:
Do people actually know who the nightrider is, because he would have done it.
I think if a lot of bystanders all talk sĥit know it is going to happen.

This was in Wales 2013, no more roadlicense, no more insurance so proably scrapped.

file.php

I remember the Knightrider but still have no idea what you are talking abouto_O:meh::cheers:

Funner ,:stop: NOT:dead: the Knightrider :hungover::cat::vomit:

Try to watch madmax 1, a few times until you know the lines :):beer:
I just downloaded 33Gb all episodes from the A-team :clap: to watch with my kids, we are on track I think.

If it was you how would you of handled the downhill?
My first thought was I would not be happy but sometimes you cant turn around.

Roll with the straight path and clean out the shorts at the bottom (or beyond). Why he kept turning to the right is beyond me.

If it was you how would you of handled the downhill?
My first thought was I would not be happy but sometimes you cant turn around.

Roll with the straight path and clean out the shorts at the bottom (or beyond). Why he kept turning to the right is beyond me.

Looked at it again. Believe the first big mistake is he used the clutch like he was driving on flat pavement. Instead he should have slowly released the clutch only until the engine started to die from the brakes being applied. Then slowly released both brake and clutch pedals keeping the RPMs just above stalling out. Something that takes practice with each vehicle. Appears he popped the clutch and got rolling quickly and out of control. Hill like that have to figure your going to gain speed no matter what with all that much mud. He also hugged to close to the right to avoid going off the left side. He ended going up to high on the right side but believe his sudden start he panicked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom