Third Row Seats - Store or Dump ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I don't use mine and now I'm moving. Should I dump them or keep holding on to them? I will never use them, and I plan on keeping the vehicle forever.

Post them on here to sell. Took a month but I ended up selling mine. I wouldn’t spend money storing them though.
I’m actually shocked you were able to sell them. Mind me asking how much?

So I asked myself this question many times over the years. And I kept the 3rd row stored in the garage, taking up space, and getting in the way. Then one day I realized, they suck totally as seats, and adults can't use them anyway. They went in the dumpster and I never looked back. That was at least 10 years ago. In fact now I'm at the same place with second row seats!

If you keep your truck a long time (and I'm at 21 years) by the time you sell, it won't be worth anything anyway, so you won't sweat the seats that you tossed out.

Plans change, can’t hurt to hold them if you have space. Mine rest under a bed in a spare bedroom, out of sight, out of mind.

Reactions: HGB
Plans change, can’t hurt to hold them if you have space. Mine rest under a bed in a spare bedroom, out of sight, out of mind.
I had the same situation with my 80 series. I dumped them and never looked back. I'm inclined to do the same here.

I vote toss ‘em. I feel like used cruisers are more frequently missing third row headrests than seats and you may be surprised what you can get for the headrests.

I’m getting a 2021 in a few weeks. Will removing 2 nd row seat cause a airbag sensor issue ?

I’m getting a 2021 in a few weeks. Will removing 2 nd row seat cause a airbag sensor issue ?

Yes. See this thread.

I vote keep. If you ever sell it the one who wants to buy it might want them. And if the 200 series suddenly becomes extinct at dealerships soon they will be worth more as time goes on.

Keep 'em...

5 years from now some poor buyer of a used HE edition will want to add a third row to his HE for his kids...

He will probably want a cool box in the arm rest too...

and be bitchin' about storing a big useless roof basket that precludes his wife from parking in the Nordstrom's garage....

The grass is always greener on the other side of the septic tank...

1st world problems...

Peace.

My brother and I both recently sold our 100s and most of those shopping wanted the 3rd row seats, which sent him searching for his, which he eventually found in our parents’ storage.

If you can spare the space, I’d store them. Better to have and not need, right?

1st world problems...

Peace.

Agree, 1st world problems. I have my 100 and 200 series third-row seats up high on my shelves. I also have the 100 middle seats out and placed on a furniture dolly so I can at least move them around easily. Those suckers are heavy!

IMG_2962.JPG

IMG_2979.JPG

Kept mine forever...

...Then got sick of looking at them and dumped them out...forever.

Between the two “forevers,” dumping them was by far the most satisfying.
:meh:

I went the opposite way, I dumped the second row and kept the 3rd row. I now have all the utility space with the seats up and when I do need space the rear seats are perfect in a pinch!

I went the opposite way, I dumped the second row and kept the 3rd row. I now have all the utility space with the seats up and when I do need space the rear seats are perfect in a pinch!
Tons of legroom too. Best idea EVER!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom