The Ute has landed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

eman375

SILVER Star
Threads
Finally! After six months of red tape, bureaucracy and considerable expense , this 1989 HJ75 Ute from Australia has landed in my driveway. And every bit of the BS was worth it. What a great vehicle. It has the 2H with aftermarket turbo and I can't wait to dig in. I have to baseline it and go forward from there but it is already a decent driver. Not the prettiest on the road but its a beauty to me. Just thought I would share. More to follow...
photo (3).JPG

Nice to see you love your new old hj75 there getting hard to find in OZ rust free as most are getting shipped out of the country or are being wrecked. I just brought a clean example last week and the road trip begins on Friday to bring her home.

I'm in southeast Idaho. I found out today that it doesn't much care for the cold. I'm gonna have to toughen it up...
Ok .... Next question...... Where do you keep the keys? :)

Just kidding....
Please post additional photos when able.... Congrats.

Ok .... Next question...... Where do you keep the keys? :)

Just kidding....
Please post additional photos when able.... Congrats.
Well first off, it's just A key. Like in one. So believe me, I guarding it with
my life until I can get one cut.
The fuel tank is pretty cool. It's tucked in between the frame rails in front of the tear axles. I'm working today so when I get more time, I'll shoot a photo and post it...

Thanks....
I look forward to seeing more photos. Obviously a HJ75 Ute is a RARE beast in the U.S.
Yes they are rare. Even rarer though, are examples like yours. That is a beautiful truck....

Nice ,what state was it from? Has it been resprayed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom