The Ultimate Cerakote Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a local vendor that I've been working with on a couple projects and we've finally started coating some Land Cruiser parts.

I was about to rattle can the radiator surround/bracket on my '40 and they showed up at just the right time to save me from myself. I just got these pics from them.

They're doing my bumper, brackets and the tow hooks with a UV-stable version. I'll post pics when I get them installed in about a week.

After that we're talking about doing my entire front clip. Stay tuned!

1655243382487.png
1655243421281.png

Here's a shot of the guy's Blazer motor:

View attachment 3034205
That’s awesome. I took a screenshot of this because I thought it looks so good in the machine gray.
2C8979DA-8658-46BB-AA3B-977E44071DD1.jpeg

More realistically I’d do my intake and exhaust manifold or a valve cover.

My only thing is, after seeing the cost of having some firearms parts coated, what would something like that run?

Last edited:
That’s awesome.

More realistically I’d do my intake and exhaust manifold or a valve cover.

My only thing is, after seeing the cost of having some firearms parts coated, what would something like that run?

They do most of their work coating firearms, I think. They're looking to branch out and get experience with the wider array of coatings that are offered.

The coating they're using for my bumper and brackets are UV-stable. They also have coatings that are good up to 3000f, so you can coat headers and turbos.

Once I get my bumper back I'll do another post and find out from them if I can post prices. I don't want to post any prices that would set the wrong expectations.

Once I get my bumper back I'll do another post...

Super happy with how this turned out. The bumper, outside brackets, triangle brackets and the hooks were coated. The light mounts were not.

1677027598119.png

I am Friends with the owners of Cerakote . The actual company name is NIC Industries . They make more than just Cerakote They also make powder coat there as well . I have been working on the expansion of the building . It is really a cool place . They also have classes there that teach you how to do everything and you get to be certified but there is about a 2 year waiting list . They have some coating for Pistons and valves and some i am trying on parts in my T -case . I have some new products that will be sold at Walmart i have been using on my FJc. and it works really well . If you have any questions feel free to ask .

Then I have not liked how these turned out since day 1. They have been sitting for a year. So I decided to blast them. Then I Cerakoted them also

D736007C-3ACE-4395-8FA7-86C02527B745.jpeg

2F1B4641-120B-4D1F-BDC8-DDB25F802C1C.jpeg

3263B560-378F-45E1-9F39-AF6FC17C91EB.jpeg

I actually want to get another 40 and do it in tan but make all the parts a digital camo.

What gun and oven are you using?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom