The Tom Fjuckery Project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So i got it in the garage. I get my wife to help me bleed the brake system. Although my plan is to replace all the wheel cylinders, I wanted some semblance of brakes so I could drive him around the yard, at least. Not a SINGLE bleeder valve broke, things are really looking up! After bleeding the brakes are still iffy; you gotta pump em 3 or 4 times to get pressure. No big deal, I'll be careful. So I fired him up and away I went! Puttering around the yard like a kid in a golf cart! I decided the brake issue was due to a bad master. the master hat was installed was from a different car, not sure what, so I ordered a correct one from advance and played the waiting game.

While waiting I decide to dig into the wiring, can't put it on the road with no lights! I quickly realized it has a harness swap from a jeep cj (easily recognized, as I just dug into the wiring on my own cj7). The PO even welded the top part of a cj steering column onto the fj so the cj blinker switch could be used! So I have cleaned up the wiring, gotten headlights, tail lights, and brake lights working, and wired a push button start into the dash.

The master came in last week. After installing it, I have brakes! And so with tom's lap belt hugging me like my father never did, I drove it to the end of my street and back! Trans kicked into second gear I was going so fast! I do believe he will be road ready in less than 4 weeks and 300 more dollars!

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcomes and stories! I'll take some more pics tomorrow, I have been documenting more with sub 60 second videos via instagram but I'll start taking pics too. Tomorrow I plan on making a needs, wants, and budget list. I also have to start focusing a little more on getting funds!

Welcome.

How about some more pics of that sexy ass rust.

What tranny is in it?

Looks like a good starting point. $1800 doesn't get you much in the Land Cruiser lineup these days. Ya did good son especially since you got it to move on it's own power. Just got to work on the stopping part now. Post more pics please.
Tranny identification is on the list of things to do. More than likely a th350 i would think though. And i think the price was fantastic compared to others for sale within 200 miles of me!

I found it! Well, it is behind the bumper bracket and i currently have not got ambition enough to take the bumper off. I got to many other things to do! But at least we know it starts with "F", that narrows it down. So I test drove it a few days ago for the first time, after installing a new master cylinder. After that I parked it in the garage and I just checked the master cyclinder: it is bone dry! No biggie though I had new wheel cylinders at the top of the list, along with a tie rod end kit. And so today I am gonna clean out a nice big space in the garage and put this bad boy on jack stands!

15581022071706830899802558953653.jpg

those doors are specific to 74' model 9/73-12/74 (because of the inner door handle) some came with a door card (panel) even
"Specific" is synonymous with "rare" in the fj world right?

I am fully vested now. I posted my cj7 for 2500 bucks on facebook and it sold in less than 3 hours. My wife does not know yet and i dont know how she's gonna take it. In all likelyhood I'll probably have another jeep next week!

Someone really thought it was a Jeep. Put a Jeep roll bar in.

Picked up some parts from KY Longhunter tonight! They are the last peices to make it a "conplete" FJ. Pretty happy with the deal he made me and he was only an hour and a half away so that was nice too!

15583289806962415207906241218665.jpg

Welcome...........oh yeah, and BEWARE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom