The OFFICIAL FJ55 RADIO & AUDIO Anything Thread , CB40F CB40M 8-Track Player , Cassette Player Speakers ETC,,,,, (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

564b67ec-ba0e-448b-a202-47132c894daa-jpeg.2112965

8f879f85-3652-427a-adee-7f75427f9816-jpeg.2112966

8edbcb0f-e338-489b-b449-ad1fff43df5e-jpeg.2112967

Hello. I have a 74 Fj55 that I am restoring and I am looking for that ‘optional’ radio.
I also just bought a 74 for parts. Lots of good things but not the radio. Although the glove box had quite a few indications that one of those radios might have been installed at some point. But what is in it now does not match that literature.
Do you have anything?
Robert
602/403/852two

IMG_1974.jpeg

Hello. I have a 74 Fj55 that I am restoring and I am looking for that ‘optional’ radio.
I also just bought a 74 for parts. Lots of good things but not the radio. Although the glove box had quite a few indications that one of those radios might have been installed at some point. But what is in it now does not match that literature.
Do you have anything?
Robert
602/403/852two

View attachment 3437929

does that Tuner Pegs radio in you dimly lit photo say TOYOTA on the radio itself or the fase plate anywhere at all ?

- im a first time Land Cruiser owner operator age 16 / 1990 circa , my first car 12/78 FJ40 , i stuffed any KRACO or SPARKOMATIC latest one in that had the RCA outs to me FLEA-MARKET giant VAN HALEN and TOM Petty ghetto blaster , and home made grey home depot FUZZ in dooor out door carpet to rage that Petty Tune Free Falling , with the most smoking HOT chick who could shred her VISION Gator fat boy skate board like none other
if that is a aftermarket radio ?
you ONLY have a 39% chance they DID NOT cut away the needed mounting ears folded into the stock opening >?
pull it out and see .....

- oh , btw ......... this is a TECH thread to discuss a chat celebrate FJ55 ANYTHING oem audio , not a place to engage in buying and selling parts ,

- please PM me to discuss other topics , like all my NOS OEM audio etc ....

- lastly the below don;t happen often , so i went for it and i was NOT disappointed !

- FACT : this IS the worlds ONLY documented video reel footage , of a NOS OEM Vintaged TOYOTA Land Cruiser Radio being breached from its 40 + year old sealed time capsule original parts box , there NO dry run , or sneak and peaks ..... HISTORY was Documented by me for the Youngsters coming up in our community and other first time Land Cruiser owner operators etc ... :idea:

enjoy !

thanks
matt

Do you have anything?
Robert
602/403/852two

View attachment 3437929

this would have been the 1974 USA-Spec FJ55 Optional Radio Package :

@Engineer8000

Hello again. I am getting down to the end of this restoration. Somewhat!:)
I also just responded to the dome lens as well.
Here are two radios I have. An Audiovox thing from the 74 parts car. My open dash part of the cruiser I am restoring and another authentic radio that I have no idea from what year!? Attaching photos of everything.
Robert

IMG_3723.jpeg

IMG_3724.jpeg

IMG_3725.jpeg

IMG_3732.jpeg

IMG_3733.jpeg

Here is a photo of the 74 parts car radio. And I have the knobs etc. Started to remove from the dash.
What would be your advice?
I know the audiovox is probably not the right one and the other authentic one does not have a faceplate that makes sense?

IMG_3729.jpeg

Here are two radios I have. An Audiovox thing from the 74 parts car. My open dash part of the cruiser I am restoring and another authentic radio that I have no idea from what year!? Attaching photos of everything.
Robert

View attachment 3473582

View attachment 3473583

View attachment 3473584

View attachment 3473585

View attachment 3473586
This appears to be an Australian spec radio - it doesn't work in the US:

1699201097000.png

Robert

View attachment 3473582

View attachment 3473583

View attachment 3473584

View attachment 3473585

View attachment 3473586
Here is a photo of the 74 parts car radio. And I have the knobs etc. Started to remove from the dash.
What would be your advice?
I know the audiovox is probably not the right one and the other authentic one does not have a faceplate that makes sense?

View attachment 3473592
Install it Down Under and it will 🙃🤣🤣🤣
K, I just thought I would check.
I am not sure if my boy knows much about FM radio, much less AM…

ok ok ok...

most excellent TECH. here and also good Urban Legend B/S clarification opportunity to right all the FJ55 wrongs in a historical and OEM TOYOTA fact based arena , using factory paper print media and other little known TEq parts Jedi skill-sets i posses , Exactly like i did here in FJ55 basement forun TECH on both the USA-Spec. 1980 & first modle year FJ55 on US Soil a few years back ..... ✨

- so here we go

- the AUDIOVOX Getto Blaster from Western Auto is simply NOT a OEM toyota topic , to it's not in the Waist Basket next to the shop stool work bench .....thank god :rolleyes:

- the OEM Factory A/M Radio above is a newer topic to me , but with the guidance and wisdom of my Master His Excellency Supreme Leader

@Engineer8000 .. may all the FujitsuTEN's continue to smile upon him .....:D

- i can share here what i do know , and he can overpower / overrule me below later at a time of his choosing .....

- 08601-00010 ( AKA : 1st-gen-unicorn-unit ) A/M tuner was just that , TOYOTA's 1st ever Radio offered GLOBALLY in EVERY SINGLE TOYOTA vehicle Platform , and YES including ALL Land Cruiser Models from day 1 ..........

- the 08601-00010 was a base kit , and each TOYOTA modle had its own unique fitting kit , the fitting kit also included the 4 tuner peg knobs which had various shapes and styles too ! pretty DAM killer kool indeed

- as far as the face plates topic go ALL Things Vintage TOYOTA Audio in generally speaking here , this 1st era Tuner has one YES , SAME EXACT type of design as the Common FJ55 A/M radio you see above i professionally restore back to titz and az status , a few a year here and there ....

- they both HUG and round over the face of the TUNER dody it-self , because in 1962 - till much later , earyli-ish 1970's TOYOTA's simply had NO radio hole opening designed into the dash switch panel itself until a major model style change , that happened at various modle years across the board

- a SOLID good tech example is the HAZARD switch topic here : initially ONLY California had a HAZARD switch requirement , hence all early TOYOTA vehicles that have one , its a PORT Installed Option or PIO as it's technically called and applied on ALL glove box paper decals at the time , i WILL have Full ON Reproduction PIO decal cards , water proof , yet write on surfaces here soon , each Land Cruiser owner , 1962-1984 can then fill them out correctly , using the little system i have archived , its like a BINGO card , and u punch a tiny hole in each optional feature BOX window , i have seen later ones a ink pen X wax used , i like the hole puncher , it's like a " CHAD" on the election cards , NOBODY can say No , all CHADS are simply counted as a YES ....🤣

- u install a PTO winch , punch the hole , and there you go , it's official for eternity ....:D

- below are TECH images on the whole 08601-00010 tuner topic , and the only NOS one on the 🌏 , unless @Pighead or @PabloCruise whip there's out and post them here too ? that would be so dam kool to see that ......:idea:

1699253151233.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom