The new acquisition... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dizzy cap, 0ring, plugs and wires will get you there :)

Dangit. Thought this was chat again ;)

Edit:

For the oil pan....
image.jpg

Last edited:
Just spotted you walking into Lowes on Battleground. Wasn't sure it was you until we walked past the 80. Looking good man!

Incorrect

:doh:
Thanks for the correction. I was looking all over for the diff gaskets and got excited when i finally found a bag of washers.

Just spotted you walking into Lowes on Battleground. Wasn't sure it was you until we walked past the 80. Looking good man!

Had to get some keys cut for it. did you see the cool 80s tercel all trac beside me? it was full of junk. would have made him an offer, but my driveway is full. lol

Took today off to take advantage of good weather. This afternoon was spent dancing with with my rotary buffer. That thing about kicked my butt. Used a black foam pad and Maguiars ultimate compound. I had to keep reminding myself it's 20 year old single stage paint. There is still some oxidated paint, but I got rid of a lot. I taped off the rubber as much as poasible. followed the rotary work with a wash, the mothers carnauba cleaner wax, applied by hand, and wiped off. then a shot of Maguiars nano spray polish.

I then attacked the front bumper, which had some damage multiplier impacts. removed the plastic vents and bent the bumper supports to pull the bumper away from the turn signal valence. looked much better. Hit it with a red scotch Brite pad, taped off the fender flares, and used poster board to protect the nose. sprayed duplicator bedliner (non kevlar). got impatient and my shorts got the corner while removing the cardboard. oh well. looks great for 10 ft away.

tmp_10228-20161024_1741411141313766.jpg

tmp_10228-20161024_1740471134045079.jpg

tmp_10228-20161024_174024759442229.jpg

tmp_10228-20161024_174024-1383501725.jpg

Ill give ya 2 grand :D

Looking good man. Keep it up!

Got another chunk of time in on the new truck today. Determined the causes of the PO's overheating. Cooling system will get baselined. New fan clutch, as many of the small hoses as I can do (napa yellow stripe and breeze clamps, phh bypass), all three large hoses, tstat, and conversion to prestone green. Of course I tore into the system before getting any of that.... LOLOL Fan shroud is cracked, but serviceable/repairable.

Looks like the truck was running red, and they mixed green in with it when it ran low. Captured all the drained coolant. Ran garden hose pressure through heater cores, block, and rad for about 10 mins a piece, and cleaned out as much from the overflow as possible. Used some alkaklean (or some flavor spelling) on the outside of the rad, evap, and trans cooler. It's a commercial HVAC coil cleaner. Used a pump sprayer and 3 or 4 doses, and garden hose pressure to wash it off. Holy cow it was packed with mud. This stuff cooks off as it works, and you could just see the crap dissolving off. 10 mins later, another soaking with the sprayer, repeating several times before rinsing.

Made sure the driveway was flooded with the garden hose for a while too, just to make sure there were no residuals for the quadrapeds.

Belts were cracked, so they'll get replaced too. Might tackle the two idler pulleys as well, if I can source them locally.

Jason, youre gonna have to up your price again LOLOL

2500. I can appreciate all that hard work :grinpimp:

So which of these new white nights are you bringing out to the cookout?

I hope you can sneak away to join us for a bit ....I understand if not

Last edited:
Still trying to sort out my schedule. supposed to be 3 places on the 5th, one of them work related. that's the one that could be the killer.

Truck looks great!

Still trying to sort out my schedule. supposed to be 3 places on the 5th, one of them work related. that's the one that could be the killer.

Really looks like your allergies are starting to flare up. Maybe you could make it into work but I wouldn't risk it.

i wish it would were allergies...its a flare up of "helping a less technically inclined coworker with a massive network refresh over the weekend."

Not much progress today, no motivation, and too many other neighbors' projects that i got volunteered for. Managed to pull the block drain plug, flush with garden hose, then blow out with compressed air....then distilled water. Only had two hoses arrive today, the rest of the parts arrive tomorrow.

I'm very tempted to throw the OME stock height springs and new shocks on this one. They are sitting in the garage, and possession is 9/10 of the law.

I need to flush my radiator too. I have the stuff to do my PHH so I guess I should do that at the same time. I have never done a radiator flush....any tips?

Not much progress today, no motivation, and too many other neighbors' projects that i got volunteered for. Managed to pull the block drain plug, flush with garden hose, then blow out with compressed air....then distilled water. Only had two hoses arrive today, the rest of the parts arrive tomorrow.

I'm very tempted to throw the OME stock height springs and new shocks on this one. They are sitting in the garage, and possession is 9/10 of the law.

Let me know if you decide not to use the springs and shocks. I'll gladly buy them from you

I need to flush my radiator too. I have the stuff to do my PHH so I guess I should do that at the same time. I have never done a radiator flush....any tips?

Are you doing the phh, or the phh bypass? I'm waiting on 6 ft of napa yellow stripe (their gates green stripe) hose, to do the bypass, and as many of the small hoses on the firewall that my patience will allow. There are many write ups on the drain and flush in the 80s section.

If you dont know when all of the other rad hoses were replaced, its a great time to do it. You might as well do the thermostat and gasket too (Use OEM Tstat and gasket, and make sure if theres a bleeder opening on the tstat, you index it at the top of the neck.) Those three large hoses are cheap. Walmart has prestone green concentrate for 11.00 a gallon right now. Youll have to decide if your truck has toyota red coolant if you want to keep it red.

Youll need a 14mm socket with about 20 inches of extensions to reach the block drain plug. Youll have to remove the soft flaps inside the drivers fenderwell to reach the brass drain plug. Drain out as much coolant as you can from the system before you crack open that plug, because its amazing the amount of fluid the block holds. If you have a large mouthed drain pan, use it there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom