The New 2007 FZJ71 4500EFI IN-LINE 6 (PETROL) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
INJOY THE PHOTOS. The photos were taken in The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia this month Feb/2007.:cool:

Please let me know if you like the 2007 FZJ71 Short Wheel Base.:cheers:

I pesonally LOVE IT:D
34df6e2eeb.jpeg
71c68d2c45.jpeg

Last edited:
That is a fine little jigger. I've seen many photos now of the new Troopy but not the shorty. I love the 60 series-style guards, and it looks so much better as a shorty!
You can keep your decals / stickers and petrol motor but otherwise I love it!!!!
Stu

hi, well drive it and weep jeep (RUBICON) yeah that's right guy's cause its a short wheel base with 240HP PETROL plus front-rear Diff Locks and higher ground clearance , can the RUBICON handle this CRUISER!!!

note: the LAND CRUISER is coming with front-rear diff locks since the age of the dinasoure ;) and since the 2000 model its 240HP inline six PETROL. god bless the low ratios :D

:cheers:

I like it too... Do you guys in SA like the side graphics? Kinda retro 80's to me :hill:

Interesting the badge is on the door :eek:

I'll take one please.. or at least a ride in the dunes if I ever make it there to visit ;)

Hmm I like the old front ...but this engine will be awesome on dunes

5 wheel lugs? I thought the 100's were the only 5 lug cruisers.

Our 78 and 79 series have 5 studs, and the hundreds.

I see. My buddy has a 75 troopie he brought into the US with 6 lugs. I figured 6 was standard Toyota. Does anyone know why only a few trucks have 5 lugs? Why would Toyota start using 5 vs. 6?

Some HZJ79's have 6 lugs and some have 5, I think they changed to 5 lugs in 2001 or 2002. The 5 lugs are thick buggers - very beefy. No idea why they changed them - probably save money on production costs.

No idea why they changed them - probably save money on production costs.

That's all I ever came up with too. Still can't figure out why it's only a few trucks though. I don't know why I care that much either, but I know someone knows.

From now I thought Toyota start with all rigs ( talking about 4x4 ) with 5 lugs .. but anycase ..

You can imagine 1FZ-FE engine in a 71 series SWB rig with Super Charger .. :D damn !

5 Lugs & 6 Lugs

The 70 series were 6 lugs up until the year 1999, in 2000 they changed to 5 Lugs along with the 1FZ-FE 4500EFI engine and 240HP, that stock engine along with the 5 speed manual can race V8's Specially the FZJ71 and FZJ74 they are super fast and I and my brother own both of them.

About the Side Graphic, they are a main thing here in the Middle East actually since the 80's each 70 series model year has its own distinguished SIDE GRAPHICS and we know each 70 series production year by looking at the Side Graphics, I (We) LIKE THE SIDE GRAPHIC ALOTE and some times I (We) can not wait for the next year model to see how they look
:cheers: :cool: :) ;) :idea: :bounce: :bounce2: :beer: :rolleyes: ;p
e883d56430.jpg

Last edited:
From the windscreen back it looks just like my 85 70.
I guess if it works why change it, never did like that colour though;)

Some HZJ79's have 6 lugs and some have 5, I think they changed to 5 lugs in 2001 or 2002. The 5 lugs are thick buggers - very beefy. No idea why they changed them - probably save money on production costs.

As far as I know all coil sprung 78/79 have the 5 lug. Toyota Aust says it is to stop owners putting 75 series rims on which would foul the steering/suspension components on a coil sprung front.
So I guess you can assume the 5 lug rims have a different offset also.
Oz got the 5 lug earlier than everyone else in 98 and yeah they are much thicker and definately not a downgrade in terms of strength;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom