New to the Forum (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good morning!

I'm new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I just moved to Colorado from Japan and brought back my new toy. I fell in love with LC's in Japan and wanted one for myself. I purchased a 94' LC Prado 78 series 3.0 TD 1KZ-TE. Took me about a year to find it and then about another year to fix it up to include leather heated seats, upgraded radio, 2" lift and paint job before shipping it back with me. Since arriving in Colorado, I have added some upgrades with roof rack, bumper and accessories. I will be adding a RTT soon so I can start my camping/fishing expeditions, but will be making the mounts myself due to the roof rack type I purchased and the fact I cannot find a railing system to work with my tent. I will be posting some pics with questions on new threads because there are things I am finding on my truck that I just don't understand (missing hoses, shock button not working but fuse is good, needing new radiator...(can't find OEM....anyone do a electric fan conversion??), etc) I just replaced the front and rear engine mounts and found these other issues....of course. Other than that, I love my new truck and glad to find a forum!

Any and all help will be welcomed!! 🤠

Cheer,

Red

first purchased.jpg

prep.jpg

finished.jpg

snow.jpg

Welcome to the madness !
You found a great spot,lots of info and helpful people.

That is the exact tent I want to get! I do not want to have to remove the roof cage I have installed though. I was going to just make or find bars that go across and I could attach to the top rail of the roof rack.

Where did you get your wheels? I want to get the original look.

Nice setup Houser!!

The wheels were on the Cruiser when I bought it. The hub caps are what really makes the look. Most of freshly imported Prados have them. I am thinking of of switching them out for something lighter. The Nomads look
Nice. As for the tent, I found it on Amazon. $1500 + free shipping. It weighs about #150 and might make your rig feel a bit top heavy sitting on top of your existing roof rack. Its best to keep it as close to the roof as you can. Your rig looks nice. Keep use posted on your progress. Some of us are planning a trip to Alaska this summer. Come join the party.

Welcome! With regards to your shock button not working, that is fairly common as the factory dual mode shock absorbers have a reputation for failing. If you have a 2" lift I would recommend getting some extended shocks; I have Old Man Emu shocks from Back 40 Imports - https://back40imports.com/ and have been quite pleased with them in conjunction with my 60mm lift.

The wheels were on the Cruiser when I bought it. The hub caps are what really makes the look. Most of freshly imported Prados have them. I am thinking of of switching them out for something lighter. The Nomads look
Nice. As for the tent, I found it on Amazon. $1500 + free shipping. It weighs about #150 and might make your rig feel a bit top heavy sitting on top of your existing roof rack. Its best to keep it as close to the roof as you can. Your rig looks nice. Keep use posted on your progress. Some of us are planning a trip to Alaska this summer. Come join the party.
Thanks Houser for the info! I'm pretty sold on getting that tent because of how streamline and simple it is. I also like the fact it also comes with rack bars to fit a kayak or whatever you want on top of it. I found some iron bars that I am going to weld together for a custom fit. Copy on the top heavy though. I just really don't want to take off my roof rack to install another and then change again. :) Concur with the hub caps for the look. I found a set of 5 on ebay, but have to talk to my neighbor who works at discount to ensure they fit with the spacing that is different on the imports...i don't know much about wheels. Trip sounds awesome and great place to fish!!! I'm having twins in the summer so my distance is limited to around Colorado...for this year 🥺 I'll keep my progress going and help where I can here!

when are you planning to come to AK?

when are you planning to come to AK?
About the the Alaska trip. Sundowner originally brought up the idea last July or August. He was interested in forming a group to caravan up to Prudhoe bay. I said heck yea lets go. A few other people chimed in with some scheduling and route ideas then nothing till now. Im still primed to go. I am retired and have an open calendar. I think July would be the best time weather wise. 3 weeks would be plenty of time to have good look around. I am originally from Alaska. I have driven the Alaska hwy. many times and after living there for over 50 years know my way around very well. So yes, if there are still some folks interested in driving to the North slope this would be a good time to get things in the works.

About the the Alaska trip. Sundowner originally brought up the idea last July or August. He was interested in forming a group to caravan up to Prudhoe bay. I said heck yea lets go. A few other people chimed in with some scheduling and route ideas then nothing till now. Im still primed to go. I am retired and have an open calendar. I think July would be the best time weather wise. 3 weeks would be plenty of time to have good look around. I am originally from Alaska. I have driven the Alaska hwy. many times and after living there for over 50 years know my way around very well. So yes, if there are still some folks interested in driving to the North slope this would be a good time to get things in the works.
Nice, I am planning on driving the Dalton August 24-30 with one or two other vehicles. Last time I drove it was I think in 2003. Let me know if/when you get a schedule and I will see if I can join you guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom