The MUD 100 series Videos thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Speaking of Utah, I went to Moab for the first time earlier this month. Had to do Hell's Gate, obviously.

2007 LX470 with AHC all stock basically.

Nice climb! I'm sure the heart stopped on the bounce there. Was that the correct line to take in your opinion? Never been there but taking notes when I do. Always an adventure being guided by people you don't know.

Nice climb! I'm sure the heart stopped on the bounce there. Was that the correct line to take in your opinion? Never been there but taking notes when I do. Always an adventure being guided by people you don't know.
I was watching a few trucks climb it and all the IFS trucks bounced like that and even some of the SFA trucks did too. I think it was the "correct" line but there always ways to drive better. It is not really that bad from behind the wheel since you are going from a steep climb to a less steep angle during the bounce. My spotter was @gungriffin here on the forum he's a great driver and a great spotter and I trusted him totally to get me up safe. Probably wouldn't have done it without him reassuring me.

I was watching a few trucks climb it and all the IFS trucks bounced like that and even some of the SFA trucks did too. I think it was the "correct" line but there always ways to drive better. It is not really that bad from behind the wheel since you are going from a steep climb to a less steep angle during the bounce. My spotter was @gungriffin here on the forum he's a great driver and a great spotter and I trusted him totally to get me up safe. Probably wouldn't have done it without him reassuring me.

That is about the best line that is possible. @J1000 just went right up it without much drama. It somehow looks a tiny bit worse on the drone footage than it actually was when we were there. That is awesome because obstacles almost never create the same feeling on film as is real life. It is a tough obstacle for sure though. The part that doesn't show up on film is that where he bounced, there is a depression in the obstacle that the driver rear tire wants to sink into the moment that the driver front tire peaks on the incline. Long wheelbase have an advantage on the obstacle. The Chevy Colorado ZR2 with dealer tags that went after had almost 0 bounce.

I just watched that video again Jimmy. Well worth the time and I believe it might be my favorite video you have posted yet.

Not 100 specific but it does include them. Doug Demuro did a pretty thorough overview of why Land Cruisers are Cars&Bids most popular listing. Pretty interesting to watch

Not 100 specific but it does include them. Doug Demuro did a pretty thorough overview of why Land Cruisers are Cars&Bids most popular listing. Pretty interesting to watch

His price estimates are pretty strong in that vid. 10k-30k for 100 and 30-40k for high mileage 200's.

Love the comment "Land Cruiser people will say there is no alternative.... and they're not completely wrong." haha.

His price estimates are pretty strong in that vid. 10k-30k for 100 and 30-40k for high mileage 200's.

Love the comment "Land Cruiser people will say there is no alternative.... and they're not completely wrong." haha.
I thought the same but hey, if someone is willing to pay $30k for a clean 100 under 250k please send them my way! That’d make a great down payment on a new heritage:rofl:

I thought the same but hey, if someone is willing to pay $30k for a clean 100 under 250k please send them my way! That’d make a great down payment on a new heritage:rofl:

I was going to pick up a new LC too but the next gen should be debuting soon i want to see what that's all about. I'd love a 3.5L Turbo motor that gets good gas mileage and is tunable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom