The MUD 100 series Photos thread (13 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spent the night at Trona Pinnacles before exploring Death Valley over the weekend...
6F784BAF-A023-4C90-8BDA-DF8B0876DDE9.JPG

Heading down Lippincott Road after visiting the Racetrack...
C4F00C5C-0C51-4EF6-B467-E467A821B067.JPG

My HDJ100 aside of turbines that used to be inside the Robert-Bourassa electric power plan in northern Québec. Each weight 256 000 pounds

79D34C07-386E-429A-95D9-09FBB0819D7C.jpeg
19C4B493-09E1-428B-BDCE-758554B47EEB.jpeg

The modern microprocessing and electronics industry have been using Aluminum as an effective heat dissipating material. The only downside is cost. On any given day aluminum costs twice as SS, not to mention the alum tig welding and fabrication cost. One factor I see why this works in some places could be the humidity. Once SS gets humidity + velocity (vehicle running), it acts as a excellent conductor of cold.

Good points! I'll ask the question about Alu-Airbox when we start looking at the 5" snorkel, if they considered or have ideas about using aluminium.

This was our previous attempt.... was an SS copy of the OEM, made by a mate in a Stainless Shop.... but it couldn't keep up.

2015.06.03 - 1353 - (100) - Air Filter & Shroud.jpg

2015.06.03 - 1353 - (102) - Air Filter & Shroud.jpg

20180217_113516.jpg

2016.10.04 - 1444.07 - (2797) - .jpg

2C7FDAC0-5527-45C9-B686-CE6DDB4E160A.jpeg
00E21522-68A6-4BD9-ADEF-E393517D2497.jpeg

I see a One up in your future.
I got an ISI rack this year, shipped from Australia. It has been rock solid on even rough stuff!

20210617_200445.jpg

In the Ozarks, we've been running the Ozark Overland Adventure Trails (OOAT). So far we have run OOAT Day 1, 2, 3, and part of 5 with some variations thrown in. I have no plans to run Day 4. Note that as a group we aim to avoid body damage.

I have been to one of the early ER Adventure Series over a couple of years ago. It was fun back then.

We're an unofficial group of mostly 100 series owners. that met in Silverton last summer and floated an idea over lunch that it would be fun to get together mid-country between Colorado events. We'll all be back in Silverton next July.

There is no camping requirement for these get-togethers. We do find some great camping spots for members who camp and then start the trails within driving an easy driving distance from towns with hotels and the campsites. We have started the trips at the Conoco station in Russellville or the Turner Bend Country Store in Ozark.

I'll be moving south to the Ouachitas on Sat Nov 20, to follow the leaf colors. I'm very active in the Little Rock Rigs and Coffee group that hosts a monthly trail ride on the 3rd weekend of the month in the Ouachitas. We're a very different kind of Rigs and Coffee group that likes to get out and get into the mud. We are sponsored by Midland and hand out GMRS communications if someone needs it. MORRFLATE is a sponsor. We can air down or air up members who need it.

Like Little Rock Rigs and Coffee we are about the four-letter word beginning with F -- that is FREE.
Too cool! My wheels/tires will be on next week… can’t wait to get back out in the Ozarks!!!

House Rock Rd will rattle your teeth out! Did you get to White Pocket?
Stayed on the pavement this time, had ground to cover.
I see a One up in your future.

You are not wrong. They came back in stock just before I left the PNW. As soon as I’m settled again I’ll get one on the way. This current rack has been beating the crap out of my new Surly :bang:

Were you practicing or actually stuck? Just curious. I was just there two weeks ago.

No i was legit stuck, the husky was sleeping in the sand behind my truck and she seemed peaceful so i didn't wanna wake her. So i pulled forward to the wet sand part that's also a steep decline, when i turned around to get back truck just started sinking. ATRAC kicked in but it kept digging into the sand because i was fighting gravity too, 20psi in tires i guess wasn't enough, should've gone down lower but didn't wanna lose a bead. Max Tracks worked great though, got out very easily.

No i was legit stuck, the husky was sleeping in the sand behind my truck and she seemed peaceful so i didn't wanna wake her. So i pulled forward to the wet sand part that's also a steep decline, when i turned around to get back truck just started sinking. ATRAC kicked in but it kept digging into the sand because i was fighting gravity too, 20psi in tires i guess wasn't enough, should've gone down lower but didn't wanna lose a bead. Max Tracks worked great though, got out very easily.
Yeah I could see that happening. I was questioning how you got stuck because that sand, comparatively, isn't that bad. But wet sand and weird angles will get ya. At least you got out unassisted. That's more than most people I've seen. I always see people stuck and I wonder what provoked them to drive such ill-equipped vehicles into soft sand.

Yeah I could see that happening. I was questioning how you got stuck because that sand, comparatively, isn't that bad. But wet sand and weird angles will get ya. At least you got out unassisted. That's more than most people I've seen. I always see people stuck and I wonder what provoked them to drive such ill-equipped vehicles into soft sand.

Yeah picture don't really show it, but from the ocean leading up to where the waves end up at, is like a 30 degree incline, and the sand is wet and soft, no vehicle with any tire is getting out of that. Maybe a tank

Exercising my winch and recovery skills on a solo trip through the non-technical Ouachita Mountains. This was a freshly graded logging trail.
Tree straps and wireless winch remotes are a good thing.

1636850715683.png

1636850922457.png

1636851013347.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom