The MUD 100 series Photos thread (28 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Classy, Did you “Fall” off a mountain? What happened to your cruiser? That’s some rough trails you must be going on
I have been taking out my truck on a few trails. I usually find myself chasing built up jeeps on trails that are a bit tight. Couple that with my utter inexperience, and the result is a well-scarred cruiser.
I have since learned to respect the shortcomings of this platform and also how to avoid some of the damage, but aven't had the funds to restore my truck to its former glory.
Here's a bit more of an account of my follies with closeups of the body damage

Today out on the Blackrock playa coming back from super fun camping with Joshua & Shalon Whitgob...aka @offroadkid . Photo credit: Shalon Whitgob. Always a blast rolling across the playa...

IMG_6371 2.jpeg

Took a trip to the West Virginia/Virginia border to see the fall colors, did not disappoint. I've never colors like this. All the fallen leaves made for interesting traction. The wife's sister visited to see the new baby girl (this was also her first trail ride, which went fantastic) so went for a picnic, made Hot Toddy's, and drove the trails.

IMG-0379.JPG

IMG-0152.JPG

I will say I'm terrible at taking pictures (and I dont ever remember to take vanity pictures of the truck or on the trail.
IMG-3590.jpg

IMG-3591.jpg

Ran into a bunch of Toyota including a nice blue Lexus 470
IMG-0261.JPG

trail.jpg

Again, my camera skills dont do it justice, but the colors on the leaves were just jaw dropping. Had the sunroof open and my kids kept yelling "its snowing leaves!" The lake in the pic below off in the distance to the right is where we hopped on the trail, always cool with the switchbacks everything to keep seeing parts of the trail you were just on but from such a different perspective.
IMG-0209.JPG

trail.jpg

My buddy had to sell one of his 100's, and guess who was first in line. Hard to pass up a babied '05 with under 67,000 miles. Immediately drove it to AZ, picked up the VRV and headed back to OR, with a LARGE detour thru the Grand Staircase/Escalante. She's a thirsty girl, but the ride and capabilities are worth the price. Have some plans for her in the future, but trying to stay off that slippery slope for as long as possible.
IMG_1235.JPG
IMG_1248.JPG

My buddy had to sell one of his 100's, and guess who was first in line. Hard to pass up a babied '05 with under 67,000 miles. Immediately drove it to AZ, picked up the VRV and headed back to OR, with a LARGE detour thru the Grand Staircase/Escalante. She's a thirsty girl, but the ride and capabilities are worth the price. Have some plans for her in the future, but trying to stay off that slippery slope for as long as possible.
View attachment 2120997View attachment 2121000
the slope is indeed slippery. just drive it and enjoy it... i'm just turning 60k with my 07. Rare find indeed. they put the CRUISE in LC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom