The MUD 100 series Photos thread (17 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Im part of the Tommy Bahama shirts and Starbucks coffe mug gang now!

C8A93C8B-5E82-47B1-B654-6C479680A85D.jpeg

What chu lookin' at?

20180218_142554.jpg

I swapped the wheels and tires off my old 100 to the new one and painted them black this evening. I really like the black wheels with river rock green
is that line x on the bottom of the doors?

IMG_20170621_220258_800_zpsrdsisngy.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Big red looks pretty good with the 18's
Photo by John Ricker

is

Ah i see what you mean now, the roof is wrapped in carbon fiber, the body is wrapped in pearl white.

Shot of the roof wrap

26334465929_c02072eed8_b.jpg

Looks Nice-

had the same thoughts of doing this but it might be tough as a 1 man job for me to tackle. I have a roll of light grey CF waiting to go on. Curious- did you find any issues with the CF pattern shifting/distorting as you stretched it?

Looks Nice-

had the same thoughts of doing this but it might be tough as a 1 man job for me to tackle. I have a roll of light grey CF waiting to go on. Curious- did you find any issues with the CF pattern shifting/distorting as you stretched it?

We didn't have to stretch it much, if at all wrapping the roof. The parts that you have to stretch would be wrapping around rounded places like a bumper and spoiler. Just lay the vinyl on the roof and give it a good pull then squeegee out the bubbles. It's very difficult to wrap this huge piece by yourself so have a friend help. What we did was i stood in the inside and poked my body out the sunroof and pull it from that while my friend held the back end of it. Then got out and we both pulled it towards the front then cut a hole in the sunroof area and began the 2 hours of squeegeeing lol. It's horrible.

It's the roof part so i wasn't looking for perfection, nobody sees it, i wrapped it because i had spare vinyl, and that the windshield area was leaking so i wrapped all the way to the molding.

We didn't have to stretch it much, if at all wrapping the roof. The parts that you have to stretch would be wrapping around rounded places like a bumper and spoiler. Just lay the vinyl on the roof and give it a good pull then squeegee out the bubbles. It's very difficult to wrap this huge piece by yourself so have a friend help. What we did was i stood in the inside and poked my body out the sunroof and pull it from that while my friend held the back end of it. Then got out and we both pulled it towards the front then cut a hole in the sunroof area and began the 2 hours of squeegeeing lol. It's horrible.

It's the roof part so i wasn't looking for perfection, nobody sees it, i wrapped it because i had spare vinyl, and that the windshield area was leaking so i wrapped all the way to the molding.

Good tips thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom