The lil thing right n back of pass. mud flap?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
members.cardomain.com
What is that?? Is it like another cat or another exhaust?? Does it matter if I chop it off to run straight pipes??

It's a resonator. You can chop it off if you don't mind a little more noise. It doesn't restrict exhaust flow.
-B-

Thanks. Also, is it ok vehicle wise if I remove my Cat??

........or gut it out??

**I don't mean my house cat, I mean the one before my muffler.

That little "oil can" at the end of the exhaust is what makes the cruiser "whistle" when accelerating.

Thanks. I didn't know the resonator made that sound. Several people have asked me that. Everyone thought it sounded like a turbo or supercharger kicking in. Thanks again.

I took care of one of my cats, and the other one is half dead(drilled out). I passed emissions with flying colors, and it seemed to make a little diffrence, not much though. There really isnt to big of a need to get rid of the cats. They are restrictive and all, but I dont know how much that actually hurt the truck.

what about 1 high flow cat to a turbo muffler and cut off the littlw whisle thingy? any one one dont this?
i know horse power isnt a big thing but im thinking with one cat and a turbo muffler being smaller it would help with ground clearence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom