The lil thing right n back of pass. mud flap??

• Thread starter Hwn built
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
H

Hwn built

Website
members.cardomain.com
What is that?? Is it like another cat or another exhaust?? Does it matter if I chop it off to run straight pipes??

H

Hwn built

Website
members.cardomain.com
Thanks. Also, is it ok vehicle wise if I remove my Cat??

........or gut it out??

**I don't mean my house cat, I mean the one before my muffler.

REDDER1

REDDER1

SILVER Star
That little "oil can" at the end of the exhaust is what makes the cruiser "whistle" when accelerating.

Gumby

Gumby

Supamod
s-Moderator
Do not mess with your cat. It really doesn't make a large difference performance-wise and makes a huge difference pollutant-wise.

OTOH, feel free to gut your house cat. One less feline in the world is a good thing.

H

Hwn built

Website
members.cardomain.com
Thanks. I didn't know the resonator made that sound. Several people have asked me that. Everyone thought it sounded like a turbo or supercharger kicking in. Thanks again.

Mr.Bryan

Mr.Bryan

I took care of one of my cats, and the other one is half dead(drilled out). I passed emissions with flying colors, and it seemed to make a little diffrence, not much though. There really isnt to big of a need to get rid of the cats. They are restrictive and all, but I dont know how much that actually hurt the truck.

lx450landcruiser

lx450landcruiser

what about 1 high flow cat to a turbo muffler and cut off the littlw whisle thingy? any one one dont this?
i know horse power isnt a big thing but im thinking with one cat and a turbo muffler being smaller it would help with ground clearence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom