Builds The honey badger build (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Today i wired up the fridge . and adjusted my Castor . When i changed my upper link mount out It sat back a little further and i could not get anymore adjustment out of my upper link . So i fixed that. i cut 1 end off and welded in a new bung . Then i went for a ride :steer: I guess i have not really driven it much since last Sept . I am not even sure if i have driven it since i reworked the rear Coilover mounts and stuff :hmm:. Anyways it drove really nice . It runs so good now with the new Sniper 2 and all that stuff dialed in . and the suspension is really nice . .

Last edited:
Ugg. I really am at the point that I want this 40 out of my life 😞. So I finally was able to get door handles and went to put them on and of course they are not even close 🤦🏻‍♂️. They certainly are the correct handles. I think 🤷‍♂️. Have not seen any different ones . And as far as I know the holes in the doors are oe 🤷‍♂️. But they are not even close . I mean I can drill new holes but then I have a hole still in my door . I guess. I should just be glad it’s my wheeling rig and not worry about it 😞. Still pisses me off though

IMG_6747.jpeg

IMG_6748.jpeg

IMG_6749.jpeg

IMG_6750.jpeg

Well after pouting for a minute i decided to dig out my other set of doors just to see and of coarse they are correct :bang: Now if only i had not already cut one down to be a half door :flush:. The only possible thing i can see is that it looks like 73-74 had a strap as a handle ? maybe these are 73-74 Special Edition super rare 40 doors :D. also on my other doors i can feel inside the door and there is no captured nut inside When on these there is . So these will definitely be considered as ultra rare Special edition . Now considering that this is a Concours Build :steer: I had to Ask Elsinore if we should spend the 400 and something dollars for a Used piece of strap ? or Not say anything to Peezy and just drill 1 new little hole and just act like things never happened . Well Elsie looked at me and went and got on the couch and went to sleep. Not sure if it was the 400 something or the small hole But this will be that last we talk about this .

On a different Note these handles remind me of my old Chevy Luv i had years ago . it had little tiny handles also . Ultimately i will kinda keep my eyes open for a set of later model doors i think :hmm:. I am not a huge fan of the door latches . That was really the main reason i cut the hip guards out on my cage I could not open the doors hardly .

If that don’t piss me off I don’t know what will 🤔

IMG_6759.jpeg

Put that handle back on the kitchen cabinets where it came from.
Its a Concours build Pezzy :p . Kinda funny you say that though i just did a house and they where Mustang People , so in his office i put Mustang door handles on the cabinets . Not like these micro mini 40 handles

So I was able to find 1 percent of motivation today and decided since my doors are off why not pull the hinge plates 🤷‍♂️. So I pulled them and sandblasted them and Cerakoted them. H-109. Gloss black Now I need to order some of the little hinge plate seal things from city racer .

IMG_6773.jpeg

Worked on the fiberglass lid some more 😳. I think all but 3 of the 12thousand bolts had snapped off so I kinda been putting this off . Drilled them all out . The rain gutter is in good shape so I will clean that up and then get the top sprayed . Once that’s done I will get the headliner in .

IMG_6799.jpeg

IMG_6800.jpeg

IMG_6804.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom