The HDJ81's have arrived! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The big news for Landcruiser fans this year is the availability of the coveted HDJ81V model. What the 80 series lacks in traditional looks it more than makes up for with its redesigned suspension, upgraded powerplant, and improved comfort features. I have now put several thousand kilometres on my 1990 HDJ81 over a variety of terrain and conditions. My simple report is - WOW!

1.jpg

Improved Powerplant
At the heart of the vehicle is the 1HD-T powerplant which is smooth, incredibly powerful and reasonably fuel efficient. This new motor completely transforms the feel of the Landcruiser from a slow lumbering beast to a nimble, responsive automobile.

Improved Suspension
The next major improvement of the HDJ81 over its predecessors is its coil sprung live axle suspension. The suspension improves all aspects of the performance of the vehicle from off-road capabilities, to on comfort and control.

Full time 4Wheel Drive
The addition of full time 4Wheel drive greatly improves traction and handling with the 81. With all the power that the 1HD-T has, the full time 4Wheel drive is a blessing keeping the wheels from spinning out. Corning is greatly improved both on road, especially in the rain, and on high speed gravel running.

Improved Build Quality
Toyota is known for its powertrain build quality but the Landcruiser’s interior, probably owing to its stiff suspension, is known for its noise, shakes, and rattles. The HDJ81 is built to the same exacting powertrain standards, but the interior and body are built to entirely new standards encompassing more sound insulation, better seals, and a more aerodynamic design. The net result is a more comfortable, pleasurable vehicle to drive.

There is absolutely no question in mind, the HDJ81 is the best Landcruiser available thus far. If only the best will do, this is the truck for you.

Please visit www.risingsunimports.ca for more information and how you too can own a nearly new HDJ81 - or any other Landcruiser for that matter!

Well My VX 1994HDJ80 1HD-T has a Turbo as the numver says on the left the only thing that I can think of is that some Grey inports from Japan had electricaly adjustable dampers and some I thik may have air bag suspension but why should that change the number none of the other veriants have.

this is my understanding:
the HDJ81 is a JDM only. a special designation for the Japanese market only...
i could be wrong but this is what i was lead to believe.
i do beleive this is the designation given to the BJ61, HZJ81, LJ71 etc. the 1 is for the home country...
cheers

New AFAIK and they are LHD. If they were imports from Japan they would be RHD. I've been known to be wrong though. Maybe pimp or henry has a bj71 brochure.

Last edited:
I am about to try!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom