Builds The Guzzler - 2009 LX570 (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Probably. I went as skinny as I could find, but it’ll probably still Need the bmc as I don’t have adjustable upper control arms.

4.88 update: 250 miles in

A couple hours of in city driving today. I'm not seeing any better gas mileage in the city, which is disappointing.
The driving experience is much better. I'm still very easy on the gas but the response and feel is overall much improved. The truck is in the power band all the time. It's hard to call a truck with near 400 hp wanting, but with gears it really feels like it has balls.

Still rocking the 32's, so I think most would enjoy this mod even without significant weight/diameter/payload/towing needs.

Up and down hill is also much improved. Particularly when starting a steep hill or coasting/idling/engine braking down a steep hill.

Reversed the wiring on the elocker - still no clicky. I'll try it again direct off the battery tomorrow. I am assuming it is supposed to click or make some sound with the electromagnet moves the piston.

Any experience out there?

Also 7 quarts of 75-140 Amsoil severe gear incoming for my post break-in gear oil change.

Reversed the wiring on the elocker - still no clicky. I'll try it again direct off the battery tomorrow. I am assuming it is supposed to click or make some sound with the electromagnet moves the piston.

Any experience out there?

Also 7 quarts of 75-140 Amsoil severe gear incoming for my post break-in gear oil change.

No experience with the Auburn myself but the Harrop takes a bit of wheel turn to kick in or are you just testing on the bench top?

No experience with the Auburn myself but the Harrop takes a bit of wheel turn to kick in or are you just testing on the bench top?

Thanks. It’s in the truck. I’ll hook up the switch today per the wiring diagram and see if that does it. I’m also not sure if it requires the 1/2 rotation or not. Q out to Just Diffs and I’m sure when they’re in on Monday I can sort in five min.

It doesn’t help that the nearest gravel road is 10 min away

A run down of the fitment for the 275/80r18.

Inspiration!!!

These unmounted and uninflated are 35.25 x 9

FedEx rolled them as far as my side steps.

E4CF1790-24AD-496E-BE7E-B37F40629106.jpeg

Finished up the 500 mile break-in on the gears. Thought I'd put my foot in it and see if they were still in there.

It's like all the movies where the one guy drives a fast car for the first time and says to the other - Man I've got to get me one of these.

Changed out the rear diff fluid no problem. My shiny new Lexus nut head front drain plug is stuck. I'm not sure if it got overtorqued at the shop, or if it's just fate.

I tried a few things, and managed to round it off with a six sided torque socket and a shiny new air impact. I guess the way around it is to weld on a large nut (like a 3/4") and between heat and a larger socket try it again and hope.

Good news is once it's off I won't have to change diff fluid for 30k miles.

The rear diff had a fair bit of shavings in it, so I've got the car parked until I figure this out.

I did manage to verify the elocker is hooked up. It makes the tiniest of sounds on unlock. Super handy to have the phone bluetooth switch control, I could crawl under the truck and put my hand on the diff, then switch the locker on and off and feel/listen for any effects at the diff.

popped the beads on one tire tonight. three more to go, then the dismount/mounting party can begin.

I ask myself why I am reading articles like this

Tried to hand mount the 129 load new tires. Nope. Going to have to pay the man on this one.

Welded up an m18 nut on the front diff drain. Super easy to fill the nut with slag and spin it off. The magnet was still good inside so I reused the plug with the 18mm on it. It think that will fix the problem.

Also welder a 90 on my exhaust. The tip didn’t fit quite right, will have to get another one.

6F8D5F43-8261-4253-B5E7-50EC252CB2C9.jpeg

FAA92289-E25F-4170-A8F3-1CE15E111848.jpeg

Headlight refurbish done today. Used the sylvania kit which has four polish stages a plasticizer and a uv cure coat.

Took about an hour. I have lots of uv coat left so will do a second treatment tomorrow.

Oil change also today. Ran liqui-moly engine restore. Not much sludge came out so that was good. Installed the fumoto valve. Downside was only had 5.5 quarts of oil in there. I have ordered a pcv valve. Apparently there is no ‘low oil ‘ light on the lx when you’re a quart low.

Going to run this oil change for one week and then put in another fresh change with Ceratec.

Amsoil 75-140 gear oil much quieter than the green sludge that was in the diffs for break-in.

Mounted four tires today with pep boys help.

They measure 35 and a tiny bit by 10 3/4 at the bulge. The tread block is 8 3/4.

They should be easy to clearance with that narrow tread block and I hope to get them test fit tonight.

Two took 2 oz and two took 10oz.

I’m going to break the bead on the heavy ones and put in balance beads. Tire shop said they were stiff and that made it hard to balance due to hard spots. That this would go away in a few weeks of use. I think beads is easier than multiple trips to the tire store.

0526AAAD-4C70-4402-A020-3E46BB010EA2.jpeg

Can’t wait to see these mounted on the LX. Thanks for documenting your 570 build so well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom