The "good" 12V compressor at Costco for $48.99 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

They do but it's a male (backwards) and I don't know if it's something standard or proprietary. I'd look into replacing it with something standard and female.
Yes it's a quick-disconnect, and yes it's proprietary, or atleast not a 'normal' garage (home or commercial) style...

I like the compressor but I hate the hose. Has anyone tried using another hose set up?
You can just get a pipe the right size and then use reducers or what ever to attach a regular chuck to. Thats what I did running my plumbing for OBA.

Not at the Costco in Tucson. :frown:

No ETA :frown:

At least I have one.

Just went to the local Costco and they had about 60 of them.

Well, I like the compressor but I hate the cheesy hose and the chuck doesn't work right.

I'll figure something out. Thanks for all the good ideas.

How does this compare to an ARB compressor? I've got one for my rear locker, but have never tried to use the compressor for anything other than the locker.

comparing compressors

How does this compare to an ARB compressor? I've got one for my rear locker, but have never tried to use the compressor for anything other than the locker.

I posted a review on several pumps back at post #19 on page one of this thread...

Last edited:
hey guy i work for costco we just got them at may store the qmaxx im get in one mayself you guys can ask at costco what is the closest store that carries the compresor just given the name qmaxx and they look it up

Buy them at Costco and you can take it back for any reason, always and forever. Even if you drive over it.

Good enough reason to buy it there, even for a few bucks more.

My $.02

Last edited:
Costco online has this compressor:

173694LL.jpg

I does something like 2.54 CFM and it's $150.

Regards

Alvaro

BTW, just happened to be in Salt Lake City today and the Costco here (is there more than one? Not sure...) has them...I really like that dual pump one though..and some bling-bling.. .:D

Costco online has this compressor:

173694LL.jpg

I does something like 2.54 CFM and it's $150.

Regards

Alvaro

Cool, the long awaited twin cylinder!:cool:

After having mine for a couple of years I prefer them. The twin doesn't put as much air as two, a pair is cheaper and if one of mine dies the other will still pump up the tires.:D

Cool, the long awaited twin cylinder!:cool:

After having mine for a couple of years I prefer them. The twin doesn't put as much air as two, a pair is cheaper and if one of mine dies the other will still pump up the tires.:D

yea, but the Chrome, the CHROME! :D

There is a pallet of this compressor now in Tucson. My friend Alvin and I each picked one up today. Now I have two. :grinpimp:

The model number is now 1052. The output numbers and whatnot appear the same as the older 1050 model. I guess it is more or less the same unit.

Picked up 3 @ the local Costco the other day, Now I have 4 MORE people who want one too :cool:

I used it yesterday on my 34`s , filled each tire from 15psi to 35 in just a few minutes... VERY happy with mine.

For the money, you just cant lose. :cheers:

i modded mine to be a standard quick connect, and used regular fittings.

then I got one tire done, was going to the second and the cheap ass line blew thru.

now I have a higher rated psi line and will shut off each time I move it.

or get a tiny tank and mount it underneath on my slider tray.

i modded mine to be a standard quick connect, and used regular fittings.

then I got one tire done, was going to the second and the cheap ass line blew thru.

now I have a higher rated psi line and will shut off each time I move it.

or get a tiny tank and mount it underneath on my slider tray.

Be careful what ends that you put on them!:eek: For a non tank type compressor like this you need a vented, bleed off type filler adapter. If left running with a standard plugged type adapter it will quickly build very high pressures and burst just about any type of line. This goes for any fittings, couplers, etc. none should be the common sealing type, if inadvertently left on with the output sealed bad things can happen!

Last edited:
I can't believe no one has commented on the package yet.

Anyone notice the MILF filling the tire on the front of the package?

She's filling a tire mounted to a FJ-40...:D

Oh and I bought one too....

As of 2/10, not available at PDX or Tigard, OR stores

Costco in Silverdale, Wa has them now. They have a pallet full of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom