The FJ55 / FJ56 LOCK SMITH SHOP Technical Resource Thread : Keys , Lock Cylinders and EVERYTHING in-between ... ( Cracking The CODE has Happened ! ) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally got back on this and I'm no Toyota tech, but muddled through it. Now I have to do the switch in the Mud Hen.

View attachment 3506965

View attachment 3506966

I want to thank Matt for posting this, I never would of thought to take one apart. Now that I did, any of you guys can do this, just to clean up those contacts. Easy!

excellent job !

i like the new fabric loom you installed too , oem inspired , oem results there

use a razor blade and carefully score the 3 ends heat shrinks , until you can spread them apart , remove it , and examine the 40+ year old double open barrel die crimps , you should see some level of age and time related corrosion and grizzle , i always refresh theses no matter what as good measure , i don't care how little it seams this amount of time in a some what covered tail gate shell is enough to create a voltage drop between the copper strands and the solid brass OEM YAZAKI M4 ring terminals , this is a : it's faster to do and get 100% solid current flow guarantee , then think about it for another maybe moment ....:idea:

i apologize for getting distracted from the off topic , and non-lock and key TECH jibber jabber above , otherwise these TECH. images would have naturally followed suite too above , so here the are below for you mr. @scrapdaddy , also did u apply a good clear high end fully synthetic food service grade di-electric grease inside before u shut the trap door on the rear ?
if not ? open her back up and lather up all the moving parts well , especially that plastic pin and its spring , they like stick get hung up a lot !

DSCN0683 - Copy - Copy1resize.png

Last edited:
Rear window keys?
I wouldn't mind an attempt at rebuilding one of my spares. 👍
@tucker74
Summary
1. Carefully take the switch apart.
2. Inspect and clean it up really good, with emphasis on polishing the electrical contacts.
3. Put it back together.

@J Mack - Based on your world class, awe inspiring hot rod builds I think you can do this. 👍

3D8AF653-662C-4902-AA6E-839C4AE61BA4.jpeg
B9C70193-0DD7-4742-AAE9-61A5DB2A0CD4.jpeg
4E1943DE-4803-4B60-8CCA-89D7F46A5709.jpeg
491C6251-54F5-4F40-8942-170D7ED3C726.jpeg
F52545CF-C95A-499F-9874-662F1059A161.jpeg

Last edited:
below are up and coming new and exciting 1973-8/80 FJ55 column mounted Ignition & locking fuel door option , key blanks , that can also be factory code cut SST machine perfect using there later K-SERIS K- # # # # Factory KEY CODE ...

-

Both aftermarket and Kustom made to order TOYOTA OEM Themed blanks , the SILCA made in ITALY brand , it alone remains my favorite due to its unique superior quality !

Last edited:
Now I can, yes!

mr. Pablo

you fall under this / my category below ...

know that you do & have for many years as a
solid mud buddy , this matters to me a bit more then you might know or ever realize ,

no typical
chatty-matty dry humor or satire here ,.....fyi

matt :) :wrench: :wrench: :wrench:

banner sharp and cleear crisp.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom