The Daily Chat Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sporin

Site Addict
Threads
Website
www.ukemafia.com
Random thoughts.....

With only a few days left at my old job, my replacement arrives today and it seems the anger of me leaving has settled down here. I'm hoping my last 3 days next week can be productive transition.

REALLY looking forward to starting my new job the following Monday. :)

Going to have few free days next week between jobs and am planning to get the pig in the garage and finish up the last few projects to (hopefully) get it inspected finally. I haven't started it in weeks. I think Ill throw the battery on the charger and make sure it's topped up.

With the new job a second, more streetable/reliable regular driver might have to happen, hoping the Pig can stay and we'll just add another car but I have no clue where to put 3 vehicles on my little property.

How about that snow?!?!? I've been just letting my driveway pack down but last I actually high centered the new Accord on the road end hump the plow leaves. Thought I was going to have to get the Pig started and pull it out but I eventually rocked it free.

Broke out the Snow blower and went to work. It did an ok job, but the under-snow was so heavy and wet. More coming Saturday.

Still recovering from the Pat's Super Bowl loss..... I can't watch or listen to sportcenter yet.

I've been listening to Virgin Radio UK via iTunes. Pretty entertaining mix. :) :)

:cheers: Did I miss the thread about the new job?

So they got mad you were leaving?? Or just upset cause' they will miss you?

Good luck...

:cheers: Did I miss the thread about the new job?

So they got mad you were leaving?? Or just upset cause' they will miss you?

Good luck...

That depends on who you ask. ;)

I guess I never posted about the new job here, but I start the 18th, new place is almost across the street from my current job: The Human Capital Institute - Global Strategic Talent Management I'll be doing web design and strategic planning, working under a new Internet Director to design and implement Web 2.0 & 3.0 strategies, there is a team of engineers actually building the sites, I'll be design focused, can work from home sometimes, flexible schedule, etc. I'm very excited. Small bump in pay but a big bump in benefits and a lot of room to grow.

I'm pretty excited, it's a great opportunity and I'm excited to get my career moving again.

Sweet, that sounds good and perhaps a good step toward further preparation to do it on your own.

Glad to hear you made the move Dave. Get the piggy going!!

SNOW!!!!! or should I say show and ice. I plow and sand 36 driveways. It seems like we have been plowing or sanding every other day. I don't care if it ever snows again!

Spring is coming and along with that comes some wheeling. Looking forward to that! I have been working on the woods rig, we are going to do the cage tommorow.

DROOL- how about a pic of a favorite Cruiser? I'll start

super nice 45 from TLC of california. New 4 cyl international diesel
DSCN1393.jpg
DSCN1411.jpg
DSCN1399.jpg

Congrats on the new job Dave... sounds like a great opportunity.

We've just been getting rain and the occasional snow flake lately... I'll bet there is some serious mud around here right now although it is going to get cold this weekend. I already have spring on my mind. It has been a very mild winter in RI so far. Hoping to do alot of wheeling this year.

I can't stand seeing the Disney commercial with Eli... it's much worse than all the commercials with Peyton put together. Even worse is that Reebok commercial about perfectville with the 72 dolphins team... ouch is all I can say about that.

I don't even know if they built this thing but I like it...

Land Cruiser BJ70 series Project Truck
bj75diesel.jpg

commute the pig Dave if its in the same place roughly as your last job what has changed that you need a commuter? i am all for DD cruisers even if you have a trail rig you have to have a DD cruiser. yours is a nice combonation it would be a fine DD.
or is it that you have seen another cruiser that you must have??

Longer, later hours mostly which means Sara and I won't have the luxury of commuting together every day anymore. it won't be an every day thing but I'll need it a few times a week most likely.

My first choice by far is to get the Pig in good enough shape to used that way.... but that may mean getting it to Kina for some tweaking to make it happen. Need to deal with the body mounts and the doors (way out of alignment, I've tried everything) as well as the gas tank leak. Need to upgrade the headlights since I'll be driving it at night a lot now (H4 IPF's with harness I think) I'd like some bucket seats and good front shoulder belts in there for comfort and safety. (Chevy truck sets with integrated belts would be perfect.)

All doable. :)

No other Cruiser has really caught my eye since Camppig came into my life. :) :)

camopig...camopig...does whatever a camopig does.

Random thoughts.....

Still recovering from the Pat's Super Bowl loss..... I can't watch or listen to sportcenter yet.

X2 on that but my spirits will be lifted tomorrow morning when the equipment truck departs Fenway and heads South to FL:clap:

Random thoughts today.

I'm not union steward anymore (good) Bette is now union VP (bad)
Have to make sure the Scouts get off to the Klondike derby at 7 tomorrow then I go to work.
Painted a few parts this evening.
Getting tired of walking around in slush all day.
Was thinking about the spring meeting, do we have a date yet?
Hope to work on the 40 this Sunday.

Lane- I am an Eagle Scout so I remember the Klondike Derby very well. Froze my arse off.

Random thoughts for a Friday:
I hate the wine business but I love my job so I'm screwed. Looking forward to selling my biz and buying an ice cream truck which would be basically shutting off my brain. That'll be a nice permanent vacation.

Bought a 1965 Mustang fastback this week. It was the same type car my dad bought when he was younger but had to sell when my sister was born. He's been ill for a few years but has a few years to go. He lives in Atlanta so Ill drive it in the summer and ship it to him to drive in the winter. It'll be a fun thing to pass down to my son who will probably trash it completely. I'll sell the Blizzard once it arrives and that will cover a good hunk of the mustang cost. Wonder what my wife will say about all this.....

I still owe Morin $100 or so.

Anniversary this weekend so might actually get some.....

Beer #2 on the way. Thank the gods that this week is over......

Looking forward to selling my biz and buying an ice cream truck which would be basically shutting off my brain. That'll be a nice permanent vacation.

I know of a few for sale around here, on cape of course if your interested :D Those guys totaly have the life, drive around in that cool truck all day and hit the beach. :surfsup:

I had a LONG day today, started early and headed to boston for a trade show. All day of looking at new gear, products and all sorts of other stuff I cant afford... yet...

Check this thing out.The EZ-Set Multi Purpose Placing Tool Catalog New to the market, the sales men REALY wanted to get rid of this thing before the end of the show... could have saved 800+ if I bought it there... Wish I had the rockwall and brick jobs lined up to use it, would have totaly pulled the trigger :doh:

Lane- I am an Eagle Scout so I remember the Klondike Derby very well. Froze my arse off.

We ended up sending 10 guys to the Klondike. For those who were never Scouts this is a winter competition
where the boys have sleds they have built and they drag them around a course to checkpoints. At each checkpoint they are tested on some kind of scout skill. First aid, fire building, lashing etc. One station involved building a tripod then hoisting the sled with a block and tackle over the head of their shortest guy.
Our Troop came in 3rd out of 25!
I enjoy watching the boys, we have one guy who loves doing the primitive skills, he builds debris shelters and sleeps in them. Another guy has fire building with flint and steel perfected.
Ian is the Senior Patrol Leader, in our Troop that means he runs everything. He plans the meetings, coordinates transportation to events, teaches skills to the younger guys. A totally different kid than the one I see at home!

Looking forward to selling my biz and buying an ice cream truck
I'll sell 100,00 Blizzards once it arrives and that will cover a good hunk of the mustang cost. Wonder what my wife will say about all this.....

Anniversary this weekend so might actually get some.....

Beer #2 on the way.

fixed it

any luck?

Got everything except the ice cream truck. Maybe I'll buy a Dairy Queen and sell the other blizzards and forego the truck aspect. Now the gears are turning.....

IT"S FRIDAY PEOPLE!!!!!

New Red Sox wines are coming soon........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom