The Daily Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Booking work and cleaning more of my shop today... Bad news on the Jamacian front, at best they are going to be late, at worst they wont be coming at all. grrrr

But the fincaning on the house is moving along nicely! :D

what are you paying your 'maicans? My wife wants a change of scenery.

:)

Holy hell, you may end really screwed without those guys.

I got to take my first dip in the "non profit" end of the pool here at HCI. Our big humanitarian project is the Human Capital Foundation.

Yesterday I got their blog set up, today I showed one of their people how to post, and jumped straight into video, something I've never done before. Found a shareware program to rip the DVD that one of their volunteers made into iMovie and got that up online. Fun!

Blog: The Human Capital Foundation
Current site: Home

I'm going to spend next week designing a completely new web site for the Foundation to separate them from our corporate site and structure. niiiiice :)

I used to have nightmares about leaving my old job and failing miserably somewhere else or, worse yet, winding up slinging pizza again. I'm happy to report that this job move has been, unequivocally, the best career move I've ever made.

what are you paying your 'maicans? My wife wants a change of scenery.

:)

Holy hell, you may end really screwed without those guys.

I dont have mexi-can'ts I have jama-cans! Problem might be that Bush dosnt sighn the bill (to allow more H2B visa's into ma) sitting in his posession.... Its being held up somewhere in DC... sucks big time I am gonig to be scrambling if they dont show up.

Can she chase a mower? You have seen my gear you tell me. :bounce:

That seasonal Visa problem has been rampant since 9-11. The govt has been sluggish at best processing foreigners for part-time seasonal work that many summer businesses depend on. I sold wine on Nantucket and MV for years and every Spring it was literally a lottery as to whether you would even get back the same, dependable people that had worked in the same stores and restaurants for years.

Its good................................. FRIDAY :bounce2:

Planning on getting rid of the rest of the parts cruiser this weekend. That should make the wife happy. Also going to be picking up the steel tonight to start on my bumper. :D

droped the motor/trany/tcase in the 40 last night by myself, that was loads of fun. this afternoon might finish up. Its too COLD for working today.

That POS mustang I bought is leaving in 1 hour. Good riddance and a pox on the scumbag that tried to rip me off.

I was so angry that I just bought a BJ44 with A/C. That'll teach him!!!

Left work early,
Bought some Sam's Black Lager
On my way to the shop to weld some tabs
onto the rear axle for the brake lines.

spent all day in meetings with our PR crew from DC, a gret day really. Still loving the new diggs.

Off to my "book club" tonight at the Flying Goose Brew Pup in New London. This months book was World War Z, and I highly recommend it... great zombie book. :) :)

Resurrection day for the Friday thread.

Mulched my entire yard today. !0 yards total. brutal but the weather was amazing.

Mother in law arrives tomorrow for 2 nights. living hell. He name is Lola so, as we say, Hurricane Lola is blowing into town. It's gonna be awful.

Resurrection day for the Friday thread.

Mulched my entire yard today. !0 yards total. brutal but the weather was amazing.

Mother in law arrives tomorrow for 2 nights. living hell. He name is Lola so, as we say, Hurricane Lola is blowing into town. It's gonna be awful.

I recommend watching Lolita with Jeremy Irons on Saturday night. It might be perverse enough to really creep her out.

Mother in law arrives tomorrow for 2 nights. living hell. He name is Lola so, as we say, Hurricane Lola is blowing into town. It's gonna be awful.[/quote]

looks like you will be hiding out in the garage for a couple of days:D

looks like you will be hiding out in the garage for a couple of days:D[/quote]

I probably will be hiding out in the garage which will be extra creepy since I don't have any cars or cruisers at the moment.

spent all day in meetings with our PR crew from DC, a gret day really. Still loving the new diggs.

Off to my "book club" tonight at the Flying Goose Brew Pup in New London. This months book was World War Z, and I highly recommend it... great zombie book. :) :)

The Goose is a few minutes down the road from me. They make some pretty decent brew.

Not on the east coast. :)

Feels a bit like it though.

damnit! i am actually back in boston which is nice as the sun is shining and i am happy to be back. i am going to treat it like a friday... beers after work and a fat juicy steak at abe & louis. yummy.

is there a thirsty thursday thread?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom