The Colombian Emerald (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJ404345

Drive your 40 series daily !
GOLD Star
Threads
2 Years ago I bought my 1994 80 series in Colombia South America, from time to time posted some pictures but never made a thread of it

Yes the loved or hated color Dark Emerald Green Code 6m1 !

The Colombian Emerald.jpg

Last edited:
It was tucked away in a warehouse, this was the first picture I got

FZJ94 pick-up-4.jpg

Of course when they showed it to me, they told me that the 80 was on the right side, that was easy

The car was in the Department Boyaca , around 2 hours North of Bogota

A friend of mine told me that his father, a doctor, had bought a FZI80 1994 10 years ago and now he wanted to sell it. His father who was 84 years old at the time had bought a brand new Range Rover, so the Land Cruiser had to go.

It was the end of 2017 and didn't have time to go look , we agreed I would look at it in januari 2018

It was a 1994, dark emerald, 5 speed, japanese edition (as they say there), no lockers, with rare ambulance doors.

Well the lockers is possible to change the Ambulance doors is close impossible. I bought it

FZJ94 pick-up-7.jpg

FZJ94 pick-up-6.jpg

FZJ94 pick-up-2.jpg

Last edited:
And on it's way to it's new home to Cali, about 400 miles more South !

FZJ94 pick-up-1.jpg

FZJ94 pick-up-5.jpg

Last edited:
The most attractive part for me to buy the truck was that months before the engine was totally rebuild, everything was done, that was an expensive tap that i would never have to pick up anymore

Days after picking it up, the car was cleaned up outside

FZJ80 1st day-7.jpg

FZJ80 1st day-3.jpg

FZJ80 1st day-6.jpg

FZJ80 1st day-4.jpg

Diggin it even tho not my fav color.

You lucky man, looks sweet !!

What a pretty truck! It cleaned up well. And absolutely the best colour.
Interesting, its wearing LX450 rims.

Filled it up with gasoline and LPG Gas and then drove it onto the Jerry Dan to take it for the yearly government technical approval (Technomecanica)

FZJ80 1st day-9.jpg

FZJ80 Technomecanica-1.jpg

FZJ80 Technomecanica-2.jpg

The door upholstery reminds me of a 60. Cool truck, looks like it has lots of time out of the sun.

As the 80 has 1 huge cylinder tank with 90% LPG and 10% gasoline behind the axle and another smaller cylinder tank only LPG before the rear axle, I tried to change that for 2 smaller even ones in order to get the weight down

This was what it looked ike when the tanks were just filled up full and still nobody inside

FZJ Full Gas Weight.jpg

So the people that instal and maintain these gas installations, a Vaille LPG Fifth Generation is in this 80, found smaller less heavier tanks etc, and moved them around on the under carriage in order to lower the total weight

FZJ80 Gas.JPG

FZJ80 Gas-2.JPG

@Vasiliy, yes it looks like it but no

In the end it didn't work out, the weight was still to much and didn't have enough capacity of LPG, so we put everything like it was and added stronger and a little longer springs at the back
It looks much better now

FZJ Longer Springs-1.jpg

Toyota Landcruiser 1994.jpg

I've looked at a lot of Burbujas. That One looks nice. Would you be able to explain the difference between the Auntana and the Japonesa versions? Too bad more are imported to the US

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom