The Coleman Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Can I play? Usually I am too busy cooking to take pictures

IMG_3263.jpeg

IMG_1648.jpeg

Found this in the trash this past weekend, cant believe someone would get rid of this thing! Its in amazing shape, not a single issue with it, has a build date of 12/76.
Probably someone that just got a 12v fridge and tired of "keeping ice in it" drudgery. Not advocating that coolers are useless. Just that 12v fridges are sooo much nicer and getting one feels like you lost the "ball & chain". I can imagine previous owner pitching it into a dumpster and doing handstands and cartwheels enjoying the new freedom.....:bounce:

Those old-skool Coleman boxes are cool. Love the fire engine red. Put a space-blanket inside for better insulation. Kinda heavy, though, but I guess that's why they last so long...

Those old-skool Coleman boxes are cool. Love the fire engine red. Put a space-blanket inside for better insulation. Kinda heavy, though, but I guess that's why they last so long...
I’ve wondered about picking one up to see if it could be taken apart and upgraded with some newer type foam insulation…

I’ve wondered about picking one up to see if it could be taken apart and upgraded with some newer type foam insulation…
I have an old green Coleman cooler leftover from somewhere in the family, the plastic liner inside the lid has separated and sagged pretty bad. I've often thought about reinsulating the whole cooler somehow, would be an interesting project.

Never used it as an actual cooler for ice food etc...can't imagine it's very efficient, but the metal casing and awesome latch gives it a lot of cool factor.

I have an old green Coleman cooler leftover from somewhere in the family, the plastic liner inside the lid has separated and sagged pretty bad. I've often thought about reinsulating the whole cooler somehow, would be an interesting project.

Never used it as an actual cooler for ice food etc...can't imagine it's very efficient, but the metal casing and awesome latch gives it a lot of cool factor.
We took apart an old KeepSit cooler, a small one, at work a few years ago to blast and powder coat it for a customer.
It was her dads I believe.
We gently persuaded the plastic liner out of the lid, and coaxed the plastic liner out of the bottom.
The insulation was close to either 1/2 or 5/8 inch fiber board type material. Kinda reminded me of rock wool.
I wondered if I guy could swap that stuff out for styrofoam, if it would work better, or insulate better.
Imunna keep an eye out for one of these older metal Coleman coolers…

Those old coolers are awesome. My parents have one in green that went on every one of the many camping trips we did as a family. That cooler is older than I am and is still in use.

Good weekend for Coleman stuff. 400 does need a new valve knob. Both run great.

Went to pick up the 400A and seller gave away a 424 with it.

Responding to a listing for several cots, seller threw in the pictured 508A, a similar condition coleman classic propane, and an MSR Whisperlite for the price of the cots.

IMG_2573.JPG

Has anyone used one of the Stansport propane conversions on a 413e or similar stove? Is the burner output better or worse than standard Coleman fuel?
They work well.
I’ve just found the white gas to work better at altitude and in cold weather than the propane.
I keep one of them handy though, as I’ve found that some fire restrictions vary from forest to forest and state to state.
Southern Co was yes to propane and no to white gas one season a few years ago, when NM was yes to white gas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom