The Big Blue Box Returns (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Couple more fun pics. I didn't have the right welding gear for it, and moving them again was pretty much out of the question cause I had torn it all apart before I figured out the front axle couldn't just bolt back up temporarily on the sh1tty mounts... so I had to find somebody that would come to me... and I had a rough time finding somebody...was almost ready to throw in the towel on it but ended up going over to @fj55-100 's auto shop here locally looking for ideas and they randomly were working on a car that belonged to a welder so we called him up and asked if he'd do the job. I couldn't believe it, but he said he would. Note that once he arrived, we found out he had a very different idea of what he was going to be doing...even though I tried to explain it pretty well on the phone. Figures! But he was super cool and we worked through it and he seemed very satisfied with the amount he made on the deal. And I'm very satisfied with the job he did on them.

The spring mounts at the rear of the front leafs are not exactly the same as the stock ones, and therefor the spring isn't quite sitting in the exact same spot, which is ultimately going to affect the caster angle a bit, but I kinda think I'm going to be doing an SOA on this thing again someday and when i do that, it'll get a cut-n-turn again anyway and it'll be all good. In hindsight, I think I shoulda just got a shackle reversal kit and threw it on there. Oh well.

BBB_FJ60_somesuckerweldingitup.jpg
BBB_FJ60_frleaf_hanger.jpg
BBB_FJ60_frleaf_shacklehanger.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom