The best spice mix out there! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

e9999

Gotta get outta here...
Threads
I'm on a binge trip. I just love this stuff. I put it on everything. I think (for now at least :) ) that it's the only spice I will ever use again... Did I tell you I love this stuff? If I haven't already, well, I love this stuff... :D

It has a bit of a citrusy kick to it, with deep Mexican flavor. I'll admit I'm in love with it in part because it reminds me of eating on the street while backpacking through Mexico in the good old days when I was young and foolish... And I love lime and lemon flavors as well as peppers, so it's all there.

It's gooood! Try it if you haven't already. I used to use bbq mixes for grilling etc. No more. I shucked all that other boring stuff.

From Costco. It's a pretty big bottle. Abusing it as I do, it will still last a year. But only like $6 or so.

Very good on all sorts of grilled stuff like meat and veggies, but also with mashed potatoes, cottage cheese and the like, and especially on raw tomato slices if you are lucky enough to get real (non-plastic) tomatoes..

[Ding Ding... This is a public service announcement and worth what you paid for it. Other opinions on the best spice mix ever welcome too... (but you ain't gonna change my mind... :D)]

EFM_4508.jpg

Last edited:
to be clearer, it is just -in order- chili peppers, salt and dehydrated lime juice... It's the lime flavor that brings back mexican memories...
Very simple yet surprisingly interesting

to be clearer, it is just -in order- chili peppers, salt and dehydrated lime juice... It's the lime flavor that brings back mexican memories...
Very simple yet surprisingly interesting

I've had that.. I personally don't like the lime/citrus aspect. :meh: Other than than its a nice spice additive.

J

That is basic Pollo Asada seasoning, lots of brands out there, they are all pretty much the same. Check the Mexican foods section of any grocery store.

BTW it is great as a dry rub for turkey burgers which can be pretty tasteless on their own.

so nobody else has anything better to propose, eh? Not surprised.... :)

I use dinosaur BBQ rub. They are out of Syracuse, NY. You can order it online and it's honestly the best BBQ I've ever eaten.

Dude,..this is nothing new,.it is marketed in all stores in So Cal for 30 years under various names.
I find it horrid, but to each his own, you see little Mescan kids putting it on oranges, apples, anything they can sprinkle it on
you know, the ones with the dark stubbly teeth, :confused:

There are a ton of good pre mixed seasonings out there.

Cavenders Greek seasoning is good stuff I use it on everything from lamb chops to burgers.

I use Old Bay a lot. It's not just for seafood, it works great on those boneless skinless chicken breast to wake the flavor up a bit.

Quebec Steak Seasoning for, duh, steaks.

Then there is the classical Herbes De Provence.

oh yea! tonight had some roasted sliced potatoes with EVOO and the spices, and also, grilled shrimp with the spices, and corn/roasted peppers soup with - guess what?- the spices... :D

There are a ton of good pre mixed seasonings out there. Cavenders Greek seasoning is good stuff I use it on everything from lamb chops to burgers. I use Old Bay a lot. It's not just for seafood, it works great on those boneless skinless chicken breast to wake the flavor up a bit. Quebec Steak Seasoning for, duh, steaks. Then there is the classical Herbes De Provence.

Cavenders is a go to at the house.

Chef Paul Prudhomme magic seasonings are awesome. The Blackened Redfish Magic is good on burgers or anywhere where you would use Old Bay.

Slap Ya Mamma Cajun boil seasoning is my new favorite for shrimp and crab boils. My wife says it is spicy but she is a wimp.

Cavenders is a go to at the house.

Chef Paul Prudhomme magic seasonings are awesome. The Blackened Redfish Magic is good on burgers or anywhere where you would use Old Bay.

Slap Ya Mamma Cajun boil seasoning is my new favorite for shrimp and crab boils. My wife says it is spicy but she is a wimp.

X2 on Slap Ya Mamma.. I'm gonna have to stock up before I head back to WY.. :D

J

meh.
that stuff's not at my costco...

you really should get out of the middle of the state... :D

I'd like to...but you people on the outside edges keep pricing us out...

If any of you have Winn-Dixie stores near you-buy one of their roasting chickens. It has a spice packet in it that was made by Prudhomme-called Southern Garden Seasoning. I don't usually use it on the chicken-I save it for the ribs--fantastic!
If you would kindly ask the Butcher if they would save the packets from the chickens they throw out after the use date, I will take all I can get.

sorry guys, but I need pics to look at or your stuff doesn't exist... :)

sorry guys, but I need pics to look at or your stuff doesn't exist... :)

I thought about, right before injecting my fork into the pork :D, taking a snap of last night's dinner: Brined pork tenderloin rubbed with a clove/mace/coriander/ cumin/ginger crust and served with a pomegranate/maple/brown sugar reduction sauce/syrup served with fresh pomegranate arils atop...and with roasted Delicata squash wedges on the side...

Then said fawk it...I'm eating.

:flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom