Builds The '93 Troopy Hodgepodge (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

wow....haven't checked in for a while. Looking good Tony. And Kudos to Ian too.......Glad to see things are coming together. Makes me friggin excited just to see it. I am planning a similar thing. (Alu Cab and LS engine creation) Need to hit you with some questions. I'll PM you later and keep my babbling off the board....
Later gang,
Jim

do you have measurements on what is an acceptable middle isle space? Im starting to get plans together for my interior

do you have measurements on what is an acceptable middle isle space? Im starting to get plans together for my interior

We settled on 18" for mine and I am happy with that as a compromise between storage and livability.

I just rented a big new shop two days ago. The Troopy is already in it. As soon as I am done moving and set up, back into the build.

CFBE1C78-97F0-4277-8880-364326068214.jpeg

Cheers

Keep up the momentum. The finished build is going to be very nice!

I got moved into the new shop, room in it for six Cruiser builds at once. Big change from the small little backyard shop.

Just about set up, getting compressor wired tomorrow, picked up a nice second hand blast cabinet today, blah blah blah.

I have been working on the last few small things on the gold 70 build to finish it up the last few days. Got a bit of work on a custom console, block heater install and swapping it out to a fan clutch from the stock direct drive fan. After that the Cruiser is heading home.

After this, I am getting into the Troopy. Mid tank is getting custom made and I need to work on that a bit. As soon as tank mounting is all figured out everything is getting torn down for blasting. My new shop is in a Motorsports complex. The big shop on the property and the owner of the entire complex has a paint booth and full time body man. I met with them today about doing the paint and finish work on the Troopy. I will be attacking the rust repairs and rough in on the body. Nothing is set in stone yet but this is likely the path we are heading down. Pretty nice to be able to roll it out of my shop on the rotisserie and over to the body shop and roll it back once painted. :)

So things should start flowing on the project by the end of next week. I am excited, I love these kinds of builds and this is going to be one fine Cruiser when finished!

Cheers

I am coming up to see Dave and Pat at Delta on Friday night / Saturday...how far is the new shop from Delta?

Few blocks. You are most welcome to stop by. Best to shoot me a text first though.

Cheers

Completely re-organized the shop today.

0EBF65FB-BF99-4699-B3AF-32B0DC94207B.jpeg
FD04565B-E8FD-4D71-8EBB-FDEDEC79A735.jpeg
E91331F8-E73B-4EA8-8D29-D3F6410E4184.jpeg
CD479313-CB2A-4A4C-BDF3-9B2332BBFF98.jpeg

Got lots more room and the Troopy is now in my fab bay. Tomorrow I start in on it.

Cheers

Basically got to build the mid tank from scratch. I have decided the best way to do this is to build off the top half of the tank.

3BE0AC3C-60FF-4AFF-B583-DBE5F7A6AAE4.jpeg
AC93EF52-4228-4062-AA2F-72D99DE4A3FD.jpeg

The Troopy tank will not physically fit between the 80 frame rails. The new custom tank however is going to mount the same as the stock tank, to the body using straps.

I must also account for driveline location, exhaust and I want this tank to be as large as will fit here.

More to come!

Cheers

Ready to start building.

D478BE5F-A27C-4CB7-8D2E-303F88064F0F.jpeg

Tons of room back here.

336E16A9-422F-413D-9831-98C3642DED39.jpeg

Stock pickup is far to deep, this tank will not be hanging below the frame rails.

CC0004D8-E58C-4C50-84E7-6003A7B5BA96.jpeg

Cheers

I haven’t even attempted to fit mine yet but I’m putting that on my to do for the weekend. I don’t know if the Ute tank Is the same as Troopy but if it is I assume I will have the same issue.

Here is a rough start to the new main tank. It’s upside down by the way.

20647B20-7B94-4701-9F40-40A461D50B07.jpeg
0E4C9B78-ADD5-45CF-8E9E-5069C940932D.jpeg

By my calculations this will be over 40 gallons.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom