Builds The '93 Troopy Hodgepodge (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Truth. I’m in back issues throes right now as well. I’ve been horizontal for two days straight.

I’ve also been researching the stem cell treatment route. As well as other more invasive treatments.

This getting old sh!t is getting old.

Good luck dude.

Sucks man. No one really knows how awful back issues are until they actually experience it. It's horrendous. I REALLY want to avoid fusion so I've been researching quite a bit too. Depending on how the MRI looks I may pursue disk replacement. Been watching videos on it all day, going through the abdomen for a disk replacement is a little creepy but whatever works. Of course the military docs gave me some half-assed muscle relaxer today even after I told them Percocet 7.5s (taking two at a time), Valium 10mgs (two at a time) and a shot of Toradol didn't do anything. Told them they're wasting their time prescribing weak meds, I'm not going to stress my liver and kidneys over something I know won't work.

Either way, I'll keep you guys posted. Guess this thread is now a Troopy and Spine build thread :D

If you have time in SLC and you are well enough you should stop by the museum.

Thanks Dan! I keep meaning to make it down there! Kicking myself for still not seeing the Museum. I'll for sure hit you up when I'm able to make it down.

Damn!

D7977B36-9D70-4C56-A3E6-3D13B0B880E0.jpeg
DCA90F86-77BF-46A4-B84E-7A23EED9AEE5.jpeg

5F2B7421-7FDF-4B21-B05E-AB28B8094A64.jpeg

Cheers

I think they are pretty sweet, way more work though than building them out of rectangle tube which is how is did the FJ142. More difficult as well and time consuming but they do look nice. Super strong as well, remember folks triangles are always stronger than squares! ;)

My beer is nearly done, back to the grinder! :censor:

Cheers

Just a thought, those mounts are strong side to side but sort of unsupported front to back, if you added a vertical plate between the mount and the top of the frame it would tie that shear plane into the frame and prevent the mount from ever buckling.

Just a thought, those mounts are strong side to side but sort of unsupported front to back, if you added a vertical plate between the mount and the top of the frame it would tie that shear plane into the frame and prevent the mount from ever buckling.

Yup, if you read earlier in the thread, I said I would gusset where I felt needed.

Honestly, I don’t think it’s needed at all. This is 3/16’s and all the load is downward, not side to side or front to back. I do believe the bolt and sleeve carry any of the side to side and front to back load. I will go ahead and consult my engineer friend though just to make sure I am on the right track.

Cheers

Last edited:
So I am done with it for now. Need to drill some drain holes in the eight larger mount cups. Need to weld up the bottom of the motor mounts. Need to plate the rear crossmember like I mentioned before. That’s about it but I got to get this truck out of the shop ASAP. Need to do some things to the PZJ70 right now for prep of the owner using that truck come Monday.

F7BDDBF0-FCBF-41C0-8893-55358EBED1D6.jpeg
2C99F137-02C5-420C-A71B-BFE9B79DD296.jpeg
A5E9C0E5-8786-4255-B07E-6E8DBDB2EBFB.jpeg
50FDF56D-4A3E-4A37-B096-7B5CD8AAFB1A.jpeg
142776BE-43A7-4B15-B7DE-8F81A83771E1.jpeg

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom