The 3FE Thermostat Housing Hospital and Rehab Thread Technical Solutions FJ62 FJ80 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ToyotaMatt

Factory Focus-Point Mind-Set Approach
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
vintageteqparts.com
The 3FE Thermostat Housing Hospital
and
Rehab Thread

Technical Solutions

FJ62 FJ80

images78965544.png

035_2F_a-big11 - Copy.jpg

for a speedy recovery try this BLING Factor to let little 3FE know you care

scroll ahead to time line : 13.01

to specifically see the Instructional TECHNICAL LIVE working 3FE NOS upper and lower Thermostat housings mock ups in action ...

It's funny you post this because I'm hoping to do a refresh of my housing along with replace a couple damaged connectors. New thermostat & gaskets, all new sensors/sender as well. My housing itself is still in surprisingly good shape considering its age.

Wow Matt. I just went through all of this on my own a couple months ago and worked to try to source everything individually. I need to smack my head and always remember to check with you first! This is awesome. one or two of the sensors/plugs were very hard for me to find.

Question since this popped up again @ToyotaMatt O Slinky One: are (were) all the original sensors and the sender made for Toyota by Denso or another company?

No ....

In fact each sensor / sender / bvsv vacuum switching valve are / were made by all different OEM parts makers

No 2 are made by one single OEM vendor or parts maker

Also : it should be known and clearly stated here
Some are indeed DISC / NLA too ....

Either here USA dealer or on the global spec market too in japan

My water temp sensor for guage in dash is a OEM toyota genuine part , you can source at your local toyota dealer for example

However you can pay more for it there and get jacked by your local dealer at same time paying the “ land cruiser parts tax currently going on here in the USA destination market “

So : I work hard to obtain them in a bulk buy abroad in the non USA FAR AWAY ....

And sell for less ...

This way in hopes I can help out the 62 folks and keep a level fair even playing field without a false pretense inflated land cruiser tax going on ?

Sure the related electrical supplies and my time hand making by hand with a huge amount of pride and attn to period correct details is involved here too

That translates in plain English to : who else out there in any of the 4 global destination markets :

- japan
- USA / North American
- EU / European
- global spec .

Offers a service spec. Repair connector pigtail with the correct oem color coded tracer stripes wire bumped up 1 guage size too ?

Nobody I could find online or by asking a few folks I know far more experienced and wiser them me ?

My mentors in my toyota life like @65swb45 mark a for example

So ....

I pipe dreamed up all this fj62 thermostat housing hospital center technical thread to start something new fresh and never even touched in any way idea wise by any other land cruiser parts vendor
That I am aware of ?

It’s all about making the 62 folks like you my solid MuD buddy @Spook50 ‘S life and TEq world a heck of allot easier and less frustrating too

I look at this simple big picture way

From now on the Fj62 fj80 3FE thermostat housing bull from age time and PO monkey buisness will never be a hard thing for u or them to get right the first time perfectly period correct ever again

Bottom line

I’m very proud to be able to serve the vintage toyota Fj62 fj80 community in my special and the unique approach way here

So thank you very much everyone , it’s nothing less the a privilege to do so ....

Kindly Matt

Anyone know the part number for this hose? I can't seem to locate it on any diagrams. Seems to enter/exit from the bottom half of the thermostat housing and run to a hard line running parallel to the valve cover. There is also a second one that has a similar path directly below it, but seems to be coming from something below the thermostat housing. This is actually the hose that I'm seeing coolant leak from. Any help would be appreciated!
1641670923689.png
1641671016315-png.2887777
1641670923689.png

1641671016315.png

IIRCC those are for the heater circuit

@klandon I believe the part # is 87209-60130. It is for the heater circuit...this hose goes to the upper of the two pipes that run alongside the valve cover. There is a similar formed hose that comes out of the water pump that goes to the lower of those two pipes.

E02B1F42-1012-45FF-9749-FCDAEB720797.jpeg

0EA216AA-4585-4C59-90CD-745A42053FF9.jpeg

@klandon I believe the part # is 87209-60130. It is for the heater circuit...this hose goes to the upper of the two pipes that run alongside the valve cover. There is a similar formed hose that comes out of the water pump that goes to the lower of those two pipes.

View attachment 2887917

View attachment 2887916
I hate hate hate those hose clamps with a passion, just as much as the worm gear style. If getting a heat gun in all the tight spaces weren't such an issue with the 3FE I would convert to all Gates Power Grip clamps. Buuuuut the old school spring clamps are what I'll be going exclusively to when I get around to doing a full cooling system refurb (hopefully next summer. Didn't get around to it this last one like I had wanted).

Last edited:

it was a solid long while since my last post above the one right above , so much so that this now exists as my dedicated SHOP ROAD RUNNER ....

- it's truly amazing where my Land Cruiser Lifestyle is taking me , on it's own , i am only a passenger ... :cool:

- this initial post dives deep into the current status on where i am and the 3F-E / 3FE Official Thermostat Housing 's Hospital , as Chief Surgeon on-call , welcome once again to the best dam 16303-61020 ER & Re-Hab, unit in the galaxy ...

make sure to CLICK ON the speaker ICON in lower RH of reel windows below , turn the volume on your device to the MAX level ,

enjoy .....:):wrench::wrench::wrench:

this is my current artists rendition ( work in progress ) of our long overdue Global All Markets Regions ,

all
3F-E 's globally , is the plan , 62's and 80's also ....

- i have help here , and it is getting a good bit of participation , if anyone would like to make a good suggestion , please PM me , i like the input from all perspectives , this is and will be a community efforts project , and always WILL be offered from a strictly non-for-profit avenue and mission statement doctrine i felt strongly about from the moment this bad to the bone pipe dream woke me like none i could recall before it in a long long time ....

Part #
11291-90A62 PLATE, ENGINE NAME ....

not much longer now ......:idea:

2FFFD7A2-0C1E-4D0F-A774-7B938803144B (2) - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copycurrent - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Here are the spread of 3F-E 16303-61020 upper housing still shots I took using my NIKON Cool Pics medium format , tripod mounted …

I have been tinkering with various approaches to solve and manage this ongoing and as age and time progress , I think this topic will continue to evolve as i evolve with it too ….

AAF5EA78-15EE-4706-8754-3493AB5BAFAF.jpeg
56DC626C-E7C1-4E37-BD06-BFB8B2CC44BB.jpeg
4A509396-D9D4-494D-99F4-7BD4A955C19A.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom