Thank You All!!! Belated Hello and Goodbye (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bat Masterson

GOLD Star
Threads
Hi all,

I am sad to say goodbye to everyone on this board. Even though I have only been a member for about 1 year, the experience has been life changing. I know that sounds corny but it is due to the quality of people on this board willing to help and provide you information to save you money and time--who could ask for more.

For those of you 'newbs' out there, the board's moderators also keep 'the peace' and ensure your reading and posting experience is clean and worthwhile. So I applaud folks like Romer, Woody, etc.

I unfortunately never got around to posting pictures of my rig or formally saying hello.

If you would like to see my rig that I pumped hundreds of hours of blood sweat and tears into--please check out my ebay auction: 160124731417.

***It is not my intent to sell anything via this post. I just felt compelled to at least show Bat's rig and some of the items that I did during my build. This is also sort of my ROTW posting as well so please do not delete or move my post :grinpimp:.

Again--I thank you all for your time, cheap parts (Thanks CDAN), and great information. I'm off to being a new dad(1 month baby girl) and buying a commuter car for my new job.

Take care...Dave Masterson

P.S.--I will still be lurking so don't be surprised if you see me post from time to time--:cheers:

Sell the kid - hahahaha....good one!

Thanks for the advice--not getting much sleep these days :)

good luck on the parenting thing, lots fun. From a "tech" standpoint, we should start a pool on how long until you're back with a new rig. I sold my FJ60, and lasted 2-3 months tops before I couldn't stand being cruiserless and bought my 80. The 80 is a great car to wheel in with kids, so keep your eye out for the right rig at the right price...

Kids rule. I sold 4 cruisers and would sell the last 4 for em.

Sometimes they are a pita... but worth it. Our 8wk old cries all the time... I mean all the time. only time not crying is on the boob or in the sling. (exagerated).

Good luck on your sale! The thing is.. once you get the bug... it doesn't go away.

I bid on it, but by damn your reserve is obviously out of my ballpark right now. I can't justify taking a loan out to buy another rig :eek: Very clean rig though, I wish I had another 4-5K to burning a hole in my pocket to add to my bid. :doh:

Kids rule. I sold 4 cruisers and would sell the last 4 for em.

Sometimes they are a pita... but worth it. Our 8wk old cries all the time... I mean all the time. only time not crying is on the boob or in the sling. (exagerated).

Good luck on your sale! The thing is.. once you get the bug... it doesn't go away.

Wait until you've raised a couple ;)

Congratulations on the kid! We had to wait for the cruiser until our kids were the ''right age''. Meaning, they could buckle themselves. With four kids that was 10 years until the youngest could manage the task. The time will come again, hopefully it will be soner than that. Good luck!

Congrats on the kid. I have three they are a gift and a blessing from God.

But i must agreee with the others, you will be back in a Land Cruiser before you know it.

I wish i could justify a second cruiser.....congrats on the kid, and good luck with the sale. I'll spread the word to some friends around here to see if i could drum up some business.

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. I tried to sell it twice on Ebay without sucess (did'nt meet my minimum reserve). Currently posted on Autotrader for $11,500. I just bought another car so need to sell this quickly without compromising my investment.

It's listed in 20198 under autotrader.com in The Plains, VA.

Thanks again all.

Dave

Looks like the Cruiser is sold to a mudder in Maine.

I'm happy she's going to someone who will continue the proper care and feeding.

Cheers!

Dave

I'm the mudder in Maine... i'll post a proper intro after I have the truck home, which will be in early July after the paperwork dust settles and I can catch a flight to DC.

I've been lurking here for 2 years, researching the 80s, and the Bat Masterson rig fit my needs. I was very close to buying Cliifford from peepers, but thought I'd hold off for an 80; something like Rick Bigelows truck. Ironically, peepers bought Rick's truck, and I decided to wait another season since my Pathfinder suits my needs.

I own one of the better built Nissan Pathfinders in the country, and my primary use is expedition travel. This year I've done a winter run to James Bay, the farthest north you can drive in Quebec Province, and a sprintime run to Moab. Two years ago I did the Trans Lab Hwy and Newfy. You can follow the James Bay trip on my website:

www.purplelizard.com

Last month I drove out to Moab for a week, and decided it was time to upgrade for increased cargo capacity and off-road capability, as well as a more comfy cabin for those 2500-mile strafing runs across the country.

The 80 will see some changes appropriate to Maine and the Maritimes; sliders, skids and winch first, and next year I'll do axles and triple lock it with ARBs and on-board air. That should be a good start!

m.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom