Builds Tex's 2019 GX460 build (17 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I remember as a kit, when a bare bones vehicle really was bare bones!
New cars didn't come with any of the amenities below and only the top tier cars (Lincoln, Cadillac and high end models from other stables) had some of them.
  • Automatic transmission.
  • Paint options other than white paint and maybe another basic color or two.
  • Power windows.
  • Power steering.
  • Power brakes.
  • Chrome.
  • FM radio, if it had a radio at all. Note: no cassette, CD, DVD, USB. Nada, none, zilch.
  • Air conditioning/climate control.
  • Air bags, heck, you're lucky to get seat belts!
  • Cup holders. The cup holder back then was between your legs while driving!
  • Cruise control.
  • Auto locking doors.
  • Trip odometers.
  • Warning lights, other than a "Check Oil" idiot dash light.
  • A fuel gauge was an added feature on Volkswagen's! Otherwise, just drive till you run out and use the reserve thank to get you to the gas station.
The funny thing is they ALL came with cigarette lighters AND ashtrays! Today on new vehicles, those are options!!
Now, most new vehicles pretty much include all that as "bare bones"

Very true, now bare bones means it lacks fancy LED lights, advanced safety systems like adaptive cruise, park assist, 8-10 speed transmission, 12"+ screens and massaging seats lol.

I remember when power windows, power locks and ABS were options and highly considered luxury. Granted I’m not as old as maybe some of you but considering this was just back in the early 90’s I’m taking about it puts it in to perspective. That was still ~30 years ago! I feel old now as a late Gen X’er. Haha.

Albeit, I was just a kid in the 60's but I remember!

This sweet build just got a bit of an upgrade this morning. @SouthTxGX drove over this morning to install some of the parts I removed off of the GX before I traded her in. His GX is very nice, it has those Gucci shocks and all. It's odd to see my old truck in another color and driving away but I am glad that there will be a nicely built GX close by to drool over in the future.

XUSb6Y9.jpg

This sweet build just got a bit of an upgrade this morning. @SouthTxGX drove over this morning to install some of the parts I removed off of the GX before I traded her in. His GX is very nice, it has those Gucci shocks and all. It's odd to see my old truck in another color and driving away but I am glad that there will be a nicely built GX close by to drool over in the future.

XUSb6Y9.jpg
I hate to see yours go, but getting all these “new” parts with no wait times is nice. For my next trick I’ll somehow end up with your 200 series😂.

Also, I can now verify that the new Ram is completely stock for the time being for those wondering.

I hate to see yours go, but getting all these “new” parts with no wait times is nice. For my next trick I’ll somehow end up with your 200 series😂.

Also, I can now verify that the new Ram is completely stock for the time being for those wondering.

Bwahaha, momma would beg to differ with you about the 200. I doubt that thing is going anywhere in the next 7-10 years. It will eventually get lifted at a minimum but for now I'll stay focused on the truck haha.

Yes, the RAM is stock.....for now, but that could change as soon as later next week lol. 37's or 40/41's, decisions decisions.

Still stock, basic and boring. Many parts already on the way.

LfkW5Va.jpg

I see why you needed all that HP with the diesel. Putting 40"+ tires will need some ponies to pull that around!

I see why you needed all that HP with the diesel. Putting 40"+ tires will need some ponies to pull that around!

It'll yank a large boat and some trailers too. Definitely will rely on the diesel motor until lower gear sets are made available for the 2019+ 2500/3500.

Where will your build thread be for the 3500? I'm kinda considering a Power Wagon or a 2500 Big Horn (Gas) regular cab with the Snow Chief package/heated goodies

Last edited:
Where will your build thread be for the 3500? I'm kinda considering a Power Wagon or a 2500 Big Horn (Gas) regular cab with the Snow Chief package/heated goodies

In the Full Size Subforum over on the Portal. I'll start one up here in the next week or so. I had a 2018 Power Wagon build as well, good stuff in that thread.

My last seven trucks have been loaded out crew cabs, I found myself asking why I need all of that space. 90% of the time it's just myself and the rest of the time it's just me and my wife, we don't have any kids either. I've always longed to build a single cab long bed so I took the opportunity to do it now. I have all OEM blacked out emblems on the way along with the Midnight Edition Black LED headlights and the other trim bits needed to completely de-chrome the truck. The bumpers and wheels are getting replaced with aftermarket units so they don't factor. I am looking forward to this build.

My last seven trucks have been loaded out crew cabs, I found myself asking why I need all of that space. 90% of the time it's just myself and the rest of the time it's just me and my wife, we don't have any kids either. I've always longed to build a single cab long bed so I took the opportunity to do it now. I have all OEM blacked out emblems on the way along with the Midnight Edition Black LED headlights and the other trim bits needed to completely de-chrome the truck. The bumpers and wheels are getting replaced with aftermarket units so they don't factor. I am looking forward to this build.

You must be a doctor with all that coin! :rofl:

You must be a doctor with all that coin! :rofl:

HAH! Far from it. But I am good with moving things around and we don't do too bad in the salary department, but definitely not a doctor lol.

You give me a hard time about ditching the Ironman bumper?

LOL, someone had to. In all honesty it was just a matter of time before this happened.

Last edited:
HAH! Far from it. But I am good with moving things around and we don't do too bad in the salary department, but definitely not a doctor lol.

Definitely more than my wife and I’s market research / marketing salaries most likely! ;)

Getting a cap for the pups?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom