Temp Gauge Mod Resistor Buy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone finished this mod yet from the buy? Just finished mine, seems to work as advertised, very good mod for my 170k 80.

Thanks to those that made the mod possible!

Yes, I did! Now, with mod, it's not so quick to show mid-range or operating temp as it was with the original lying "middle temperature stable" setup. But, at least now I can trust what it reads! Funny, normal operating temp is almost exactly where it showed before. And now, I'm familiar with how to tear my dash apart. Also replaced my burned out 'D' indicator. I checked the bulb, just to be sure, and saw the broken filament. It makes sense why no matter how hard I banged on my dash, it still wouldn't light. Thanks to you, Dave, for organizing the buy and delivery! :cheers:

I missed the original bulk order it seems. Just saw this thread.

Could someone pm me with info where to get them still?

thanks!

There are links to where to buy but it the shipping that costs. I would like to do this mod as well, not a priority right now but it is on my list

I'd be interested to know where to get these, as well?

Chris

its a long thread you may not have read the whole thing see the post above yours, it has a link to the instructions, in the instructions there are links to where to buy the resistors.

Although it's been a little while, almost everyone ordered a spare set of the resistors. You might get lucky by PMing the people you see on this thread...someone may still have their spare set. Great mod though!

We recently bought an 80 for my wife and I'd like to do this mod. I bought an extra set a few years ago when I did this to my 80, but they are lost somewhere in storage. If anyone has a set they are willing to part with I'd appreciate it. Please PM me your pay pay info. Thanks in advance!:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom