Teaser: African Outback Rack on Fj60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2mbb

SILVER Star
Threads
Pic's: African Outback Rack on Fj60

this is just a teaser for now. I received a big cardboard box this week from Colorado that contains a full length african outback rack for my Fj60. I'll be doing the install this weekend. I'll be taking some pic's for posting. If anybody want's to see something special, while it's still in pieces, let me know. So far, with all the pieces scattered on my dining room table, it looks like it's going to be sweet!

Edit: Here are some pics of the competed rack. More pics below...The rack is really nice and solid. It's light, too. I can put it on top by myself. My only complaint is that to get the mount width correct for the rain gutters, the rack is not centered right to left. It sit's about 1inch off center, although you can't really tell...
African Outback Roof Rack  04.JPG
African Outback Roof Rack  05.JPG
African Outback Roof Rack 09.JPG

Last edited:
Here ar some more pic's:

The first picture are the gutter mounts. these adjust in height, and mount on the rack to allow adjustment of width. I set the height at the lowest setting for my FJ-60.

The second picture shows the mounting plate on the rack for the gutter mount. Nice and solid. You can also see one of the two knobs that secures the trap door that sits above the sun roof (for the 80 series).

The third picture is a close up of the brackets that hold the top rail on. It looks like 3/16" stainless steel.
African Outback Roof Rack 01.JPG
African Outback Roof Rack  03.JPG
African Outback Roof Rack  02.JPG

What are the dimensions of the rack including height?

The floor of the rack measures 51" wide x 82 1/2" long, outside edge to outside edge. The rail is about 1" wide.

measuring height, but sticking a ruler in the bottom of the rain gutter, the floor of the rack is 6 1/4" high. The top of the rail measures 8 7/8" high.

Looks real nice. I have really enjoyed mine. Just an FYI, tighten down those knobs real good that close the sunrooof hatch. One of mine was loose and went bouncing down the freeway.

Looks real nice. I have really enjoyed mine. Just an FYI, tighten down those knobs real good that close the sunrooof hatch. One of mine was loose and went bouncing down the freeway.

Thanks for the reminder. I was thinking of replacing them with bolts with lock washers. Or maybe I'll use some locktite.

And thanks for the help with the dimensions. It does fit in my garage with the top rail on, but just barely!

randome question lol. i notice that you have a 190e, jw what kind (sport line?), because i have a 190e cossworth (daily driver) in addition to my fj60.................... nice rack by the way lol

Last edited:
looks like you will have to cut out a hole for the sunroof space. looks sweet, I hope to make one just like it.

looks great! love mine on my 100(thats my rig on Slee) my rack also sits a tiny bit off........

didn't know black was now an option......cool

One of mine was loose and went bouncing down the freeway.

I lost one too! As luck would have it, the knobs to tighten the cross-bars on the 'factory' rack for the 80-Series are the same size and thread pitch.

-B-

SAAAAAWHEEETTTT!!!! I was thinking for my 100, but that is damn nice! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom