TBI stumble when hot (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks like I finally figured it out. I went through all the electrical connections and verified I had good solid connections. Used Dielectric grease while I was at it to ensure future problems did not arise from the very same connections. All the connections looked solid so I proceeded to the fuel delivery side of things.

Checked fuel pressure, fuel filter, fuel hose routing, all looked good. Yet, still the occasional stumble. Now in my 1st post I mentioned plugs, cap, rotor, and wires were new (<1500 miles). Since I still could not find the cause of the stumble, I decided to check the plug wires (Note: I did not check the wires earlier since they had <1500 miles on them).

Well, low and behold, what did I find? Not one but two wires burned at the plug connector. I'm running rams horms exhaust manifolds and at the back side of the center dump of each manifold (cyl 5, and 6) the boots burned through.

I installed a new set of wires and used high temp protective sleeves, the mesh material type, and all is good.

I suppose I feel like a dumb ass for not checking the plug wires earlier, but they were so new I figured all was good.

All is good now!

Don

What are you saying?

GM computers normally point you in the right direction as far as trouble codes. If he is getting a code saying it is a spark problem then it most likely it is.

That's not the case in my experience with GM TBI...

And like the end of this thread, I had the exact same problem, same code and also had a bad set of plug wires...

That's one thing I don't like about "fool infection" it can be hard to fix on the trail. I'll stick to carby's myself.

-Stumbaugh

PS No reason to flame me for my anti fool infection comment, I understand it's better for rock crawling, I just hate the complexity compared to a simple machine that I can fix myself. Just my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom