TBI placement question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mace

rock scientist..
Staff member
s-Moderator
Threads
ON a TBI 2F I have seen 3 different ways to mount the Throttle body. In line with the motor (butterflies parallel to the cylinders), perpendicular to the motor with the acc cable on the DS (spaceghost design where the throttel cable has to do a 180* turn to engage the butterflies properly) and the third is where the throttle cable is mounted next to the motor with the butterflies perpendicular to the motor (which happens to be the one I have)

Does anyone have any info on which is better/worse or more importantly the throught process in setting them up in each fashion???

I could potentially redesign the mount I currently have to orientate the TB in the same fashion as a SG unit but I do not know if it is really worth it.

Ideas??

Mace your design seems to work and I don't see any advantage to the other two designs. I say you should leave it.

I would think that perp to the motor in either direction would be best for airflow, but I think everything else depends on clearance off the brake booster and the valve cover. Mine runs in line with engine, but thats cause the adapter came that way.

There were some that cleared the OEM brake booster better than others, I think the Downey one had the long style boosters in mind, I could be mistaken. We ran a home brew and the Smythe unit on an FJ60, both had the same orientation and seemed to work great. I still have my Smythe setup collecting dust with the rest of the TBI parts... TBI or 2FE? oh the decisions...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom