For Sale Tampa craigslist 2006 LC 51K (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ad looks really believable, but price suggests it's 10K too low, so likely a scam.

It’s a scam.

Came here to post this. Unbelievable deal.

I've seen a few ads like this where you'll text them and they string you along but never ask for anything. Anyone know what the deal is with that?

I emailed through Craigslist and they replied. See below.
Good morning! If you need more pictures and information regarding the 2006 Toyota Land Cruiser just send me your email, Thanks for understanding and I'm waiting for a response from you. Have a good day!

Seems like a scam.

it's a scam; truck is in montana and would require ebay buy back b.s.

i exchanged email with the seller; her husband passed away and she just wants to get rid of it. Then sent me a long list of things to do via ebay buy back.... why do i even bother. =/

It appears to be a scam...I also saw the ad on Tampa Craigslist last week and I had been back n forth with seller over email (Patricia Janko was the name they gave me.) Seller communicated through gmail rather than Craigslist email and never answered specific questions I asked about service or records. I was able to get a VIN over email, and I purchased CarFax, but there were no service history at all on Carfax, just registration renewals in Florida. Seller said vehicle was in Butte MT and had moved there for a great job after divorce. They first said got car through divorce settlement and didn’t need another car, then said needed to sell it for money to get life restarted after divorce. Seller wanted to transact through eBay, but when I said I was going to look into the eBay shipping and protection program, they were defensive about strongly claiming that this was absolutely legitimate and wouldn’t risk freedom etc. I should have known earlier, but after getting that response I realized I wasted time and money. Then seeing this thread on mud confirmed it again. It’s a scam.

Suj

If you have the VIN, post it.

This is listed as in Tulsa, OK now.
I had sent an email to no response before seeing this post.
Obviously a scam now.

"Sold" on ebay 10/15 for $29300

"Sold" on ebay 11/26 for $27970

Relisted, yet again.

Seller claims that high bidders aren't following through.

Caveat emptor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom