Take-apart door hinges (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

matt, where's my tshirt? :)

any reason these won't work on the metaltech tube doors, got tired of not having half doors and really don't want to make them myself so I broke down and bought some MT half tube doors today! They are on sale right now, $250 for the pair! they use stock hinges so can't imagine your hinges won't work?

Noah

I'm having a family member work on some varied designs, but I will have shirts up for sale soon.

I'm eager to see how the hinges work with Metal Tech's tube doors. You may be the first to try it. I know one other guy in Texas will be using Redline doors, but doesn't have them mounted up yet.

I also bought the metaltech tube doors. Haven't come yet but will post results with the quik hinges when they do. I will have to get the hinge powdercoated to match.

Sent you a PM in regards to maybe making folks a quick pin door strap hinge that slides into hinge portion that is affixed to cowl therefore can run a safety strap for those not running half doors???? Sound feasible?

Rob

Guess someone has already thought of this?

Rob
Softtopdoorsafetystrap002.jpg
Softtopdoorsafetystrap003.jpg
Softtopdoorsafetystrap004.jpg

I just picked up the laser parts I've been waiting for and will be building again this week. I'm also trying to get a fab job closer to home that doesn't require working 5-12hr days or risks of plastic burns. I may be building and servicing bridge cranes two miles from home. I'm supposed to find out by Wednesday.

Hope you get the new job Matthew!

thank you Matt, appreciate the idea, Im gonna work something once I install ur hinges.

R

Just took my doors off for summer. What a treat with Matt's hinges!! Took about one minute. Thanks Matt!

Hey Matt, great product. I'm not too far from you here in Hamilton and I just picked up my first 40!

the hinges work great with the metal tech tube doors, installed them mothers day weekend

the hinges work great with the metal tech tube doors, installed them mothers day weekend

Did you have to swap sides (right to left) with the door-half of the hinges? I think I'll have to on my Redline tube doors, because of the thickness of the tubes and the location of the hinge mounting holes on the outside of the doors:

IMG_0911-1.jpg

Redline Motorsports

everything was straight forward, the slotted holes on the metal tech tube doors allows for some good adjustment. Only slight issue I had was the metal tech strikers, I had to enlarge the holes to fit B pillar door stride holes

everything was straight forward, the slotted holes on the metal tech tube doors allows for some good adjustment. Only slight issue I had was the metal tech strikers, I had to enlarge the holes to fit B pillar door stride holes

OK thanks. Looks like MetalTech uses pretty much the stock hinge location and pattern, whereas my Redline doors don't. I'll posts photos of mine when I get them on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom