Tailgate Lock Pull/Knob (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know the part number or viable replacement for the rear hatch pull/knob that screws on? Mine is broken off, among other issues with the hatch lock (actuator not working, key not working to manually unlock).

For clarity, I'm looking for something similar to this part mentioned here for a LC60: Rear Tailgate Lock Pull - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/rear-tailgate-lock-pull.1050074/

I've done a ton of searching and small parts like this are hard to catch in the diagrams so I apologize in advance if this is a dumb question.

Is this what you are looking for?
16257742778108344556112528181680.jpg

I don't have one of those but i can't imagine it would take too long at your local pick 'n' pull to find something that would work.

Nope, that one is present and in working order thankfully.

Here’s the pull/knob I’m asking about:

View attachment 2725580

View attachment 2725581
It wouldn’t be such a big deal if the actuator worked but as it stands now I have to manually unlock the hatch with a pair of need nose pliers since that pull tab is gone.
Can you unlock it with a key?

It is P/N

6974128010C1​

Partsouq has them, I'm sure McGeorge has them as well.

Can you unlock it with a key?

It is P/N

6974128010C1​

Partsouq has them, I'm sure McGeorge has them as well.

This looks to be exactly what I'm looking for, thanks. And no, for whatever reason neither of the two keys I have work on rear hatch lock. Outside of manually locking with the tab, there’s no way for my to lock/unlock it. Hoping to tear it down and look to see what shape the actuator is in here soon.

For the key cylinder lock, I’ve tried some graphite lube and some lock lube and didn’t have any luck. I’m thinking of having the dealer make a new key for me to see if that might do the trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom