T25 Turbo Map for 3B. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do you have a wastegate that's blocked off? If not you could use an external wastegate like the ricers use. It'll need some exhaust replumbing though.
Do you have a pyro? With a wastegate you can seperate the boost levels from the fuelling to some degree, by limiting boost to what is necessary for smoke and EGT control you'll get more power due to less backpressure.

Yeah.. I pretty much said in my post I had NO wastegate. It's blocked off by a plate for the exhaust. I could drill out the plate where the wastegate hole is and add an external but it's probably easier and about the same $ to have the oem wastegate with the turbo put back on and have my exhaust shop rework it. I did get some hose clamps and set my next test run. Adjusted the fuel and I'm pushing almost exactly what nstimac posted in his chart. at about 2200 i'm pushing 13 or so psi doing maybe 65mph, uphill. For ease of use i've got my pyro post turbo maybe a 1/3" off the exhaust fan. I haven't see it past 7000 with a 3-4 mile uphill boosting 13-17 the whole time and around town it's never past 6. I may turn up the fuel ever so slightly. I feel fine boosting up the #'s I do but it's a solid 15psi + running up hill hard. Take into account i'm at 5500ft. I only go up in elevation, now down. I haven't run it up to 10-12k feet yet.

I have another saab turbo if anyone is interested in it.

Hey guys,
i need to now asp what to look for n a T25 to see if it's useful for me! I can get a T25 tonight, the guy who has it doesn't know anythign about it, i can get it hella cheap, are there any numbers or something so i can analyze different types and if it's god for my 3B?

Hey guys,
i need to now asp what to look for n a T25 to see if it's useful for me! I can get a T25 tonight, the guy who has it doesn't know anythign about it, i can get it hella cheap, are there any numbers or something so i can analyze different types and if it's god for my 3B?

Look for the numbers 0.49 cast into the neck on the turbine (exhaust side). They're often cast into both the inside of the port and the outside facing the centre section.
The next size up is a 0.64 turbine housing, this isn't quite as suitable but will still work.

Dougal, i finally got a qoute from Garrett, $731.00+shipping, but that was for the GT2056S. I told him i wanted the 2052. So i need to recontact him. I can get a brand new 13BT manifold to my door for about $400.00,plus the turbo(say $755.00),plus the ancillaries(oil lines,build a cross over tube for intake,gaskets,etc.) puts me some where around $1200.00 for a well matched system. Much, much cheaper than buying a ATX,Turboglide, or other kit that's $3500.00 plus these days. Thank again for your research. I should be pulling the trigger soon.

Dougal, i finally got a qoute from Garrett, $731.00+shipping, but that was for the GT2056S. I told him i wanted the 2052. So i need to recontact him. I can get a brand new 13BT manifold to my door for about $400.00,plus the turbo(say $755.00),plus the ancillaries(oil lines,build a cross over tube for intake,gaskets,etc.) puts me some where around $1200.00 for a well matched system. Much, much cheaper than buying a ATX,Turboglide, or other kit that's $3500.00 plus these days. Thank again for your research. I should be pulling the trigger soon.

Have you got an adaptor from the 13BT manifold to the T2 flange on the GT2052?
That and making sure said adaptor doesn't make the turbo hit anything and you're well on the way.:beer:

Added to the FAQ under engines. thx

Here is the same data dropped onto a Garrett GT2052 compressor map.
Here is the GT2052: TurboByGarrett.com - Catalog

3B_GT2052.jpg

The perfect macht for our engines come in the mayor eficience island if it is located under 2 PR and close to 15 - 25 lb/min flow ..

The perfect macht for our engines come in the mayor eficience island if it is located under 2 PR and close to 15 - 25 lb/min flow ..

At cruise you probably will be quite close to that point.

Dougal I have a machine shop so I will be machining the adapter. Figured when i got the garrett and the manifold i would lay out the parameters then machine the adapter. I was thinking 1/2" 1018 steel. Which brings up another Q: Isn't the most effective placement for the pyro pre-turbo? If so, to avoid drilling and tapping the exhaust manifold could i drill/tap the adapter for the pyro(into the side of the 1/2" plate)? Or is it best to locate this on the exhaust manifold(if so, where exactly)? Don't know if the probe would constrict the exhaust by placing it right at the entry of turbo/adapter. Either way it's not to big of a deal, just easier while i'm machining the adapter.

Dougal I have a machine shop so I will be machining the adapter. Figured when i got the garrett and the manifold i would lay out the parameters then machine the adapter. I was thinking 1/2" 1018 steel. Which brings up another Q: Isn't the most effective placement for the pyro pre-turbo? If so, to avoid drilling and tapping the exhaust manifold could i drill/tap the adapter for the pyro(into the side of the 1/2" plate)? Or is it best to locate this on the exhaust manifold(if so, where exactly)? Don't know if the probe would constrict the exhaust by placing it right at the entry of turbo/adapter. Either way it's not to big of a deal, just easier while i'm machining the adapter.

Having a machine shop, that's an enviable position to be in.
Yes putting the probe through the adaptor is an excellent idea. I went from a 6mm probe to a 3mm probe to get faster response to temp changes. Drilling a 1/8" NPT or BSP thread into an adaptor would work great, use a 1/8" swagelock compression fitting in either steel or stainless. The common brass ones soften and lose their grip at exhaust temps.

When you get the adaptor dimensions sorted out, I could draw it in solidworks if you like. Put up a drawing for others to use.

I purchased my 13bt manifold today from Steve@EBI. Should be here mid-next week. I will be purchasing the turbo from Garrett also next week. So when they both arrive i'll determine the deminsions. for this combo. I've recieved a couple of responses from members wanting to purchase these adapters. As i mentioned, i own a machine shop and can machine these parts. Let me know if your interested. Dougal the drawing would be great for this post, especailly for those that can make there own.

So to start off the adaptor drawing, can someone give me a sketch showing the dimensions of the manifold flange?
I need:
Stud size.
Stud centre distance in both direction.
Overall footprint size
Basic port size.

I've got all the T25 flange measurements, so in between can wait until Diesel42 has the location sorted.

Jacking this thread a little, but it's related.

I'm looking at a DSM T25 turbo (not sure what the DSM means, but it's on the guy's ad) with dual ports and a hot AR of .48. It looks like some people have had ok experiences with dual port turbos on the 13BT manifold, but just wanted to check with you all and make sure I wasn't doing anything totally dumb.

Jacking this thread a little, but it's related.

I'm looking at a DSM T25 turbo (not sure what the DSM means, but it's on the guy's ad) with dual ports and a hot AR of .48. It looks like some people have had ok experiences with dual port turbos on the 13BT manifold, but just wanted to check with you all and make sure I wasn't doing anything totally dumb.

Have you got any pictures? I haven't yet seen a dual port T25.

you can buy the adapter already made in the states for $65 (for quantity of 4). i bought 4 and they fit beautiful between the turbo and the 13BT manifold... it will be interesting to see the cost of yours since we all would like to support a brother...

I purchased my 13bt manifold today from Steve@EBI. Should be here mid-next week. I will be purchasing the turbo from Garrett also next week. So when they both arrive i'll determine the deminsions. for this combo. I've recieved a couple of responses from members wanting to purchase these adapters. As i mentioned, i own a machine shop and can machine these parts. Let me know if your interested. Dougal the drawing would be great for this post, especailly for those that can make there own.

you can buy the adapter already made in the states for $65 (for quantity of 4). i bought 4 and they fit beautiful between the turbo and the 13BT manifold... it will be interesting to see the cost of yours since we all would like to support a brother...

Which turbo? Given your previous scorn of the T25 I find it interesting that you'd buy an adapter to fit one.

There are dozens of different turbo flange profiles, all requiring different adapters. The one Diesel42 made is specific to the new garrett GT20 but can be easily adapted to others.

I'm pretty sure the dude was talking about the wastegate/exhaust output when he said dual port cause I've looked at pictures of other T25's off the DSM (it's a car... who knew??) and they all have single port round exhaust flanges and it looks like an internal wastegate with a "dual port" output. I'm thinking this turbo is the right move for me. If you know of somewhere I can get an adapter for the 13bt manifold, I'll be set. If there aren't any being made already, I'll probably check locally or take up Diesel42 on his offer to help me out if need be.

Any recommendations on what to do with the wastegate? I'm hoping the internal one will be intact and I can just get a downpipe welded up. Sound good?

I'm pretty sure the dude was talking about the wastegate/exhaust output when he said dual port cause I've looked at pictures of other T25's off the DSM (it's a car... who knew??) and they all have single port round exhaust flanges and it looks like an internal wastegate with a "dual port" output. I'm thinking this turbo is the right move for me. If you know of somewhere I can get an adapter for the 13bt manifold, I'll be set. If there aren't any being made already, I'll probably check locally or take up Diesel42 on his offer to help me out if need be.

Any recommendations on what to do with the wastegate? I'm hoping the internal one will be intact and I can just get a downpipe welded up. Sound good?

I have drawn up a whole range of adapters, I just haven't finished detailing the drawings put them on my website yet. PM me your email address and I can send one out.
The drawings include a DXF profile that a plasma cutter can follow, then you just need to mill it flat, drill and tap the holes and match the ports up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom