T25 Turbo Map for 3B. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Basic T25's are all 51.3mm compressors with about 60 trim. They're all suitable and all have 0.48 A/R compressor covers. They have two common turbine housings, the 0.49 A/R is the best for these engines but the 0.64 will also work okay.

Other T25 variants are rare, but there are high trim 51.3mm wheels and also 54mm wheels (T25G). These have 0.8 A/R compressor covers so are easy to spot. Not as good a match for the 3B but will still work okay.

There are plenty of GT2052 owners now, maybe one of them will chime in. Still no dyno plots that I'm aware of, bit of a shame being over the other side of the world and hearing how happy people are with my turbo picks but not being able to see any firm figures.

I know that Turboglide supplies T25s with their kits. Not too sure of the specs on it though. It seems that the ideal turbo is going to have a compressor wheel of around 52mm with an A/R of around .50-53 and on the turbine side a wheel of around 47mm with an A/R of between .46 and .50. The trim doesnt seem to matter all that much, it seems.

hope I'm not hijacking

I have a 15bf that I'm installing in a BJ40
The specs are
15B-F

The 15B-F is a 4.1 L (4104 cc) inline 4 cylinder, sixteen valve, OHV, direct injection diesel engine (same configuration as the 15B-FTE but no turbo and intercooler). Bore is 108 mm and stroke is 112 mm. Output is 86 kW (115 hp) at 3200 rpm and 290 N·m (214 ft·lbf) of torque at 2000 rpm.

What turbo do you recommend and what vehicle do you recommend I get it from... I live in the Philippines...Thanks Much...

I have a 15bf that I'm installing in a BJ40
The specs are
15B-F

The 15B-F is a 4.1 L (4104 cc) inline 4 cylinder, sixteen valve, OHV, direct injection diesel engine (same configuration as the 15B-FTE but no turbo and intercooler). Bore is 108 mm and stroke is 112 mm. Output is 86 kW (115 hp) at 3200 rpm and 290 N·m (214 ft·lbf) of torque at 2000 rpm.

What turbo do you recommend and what vehicle do you recommend I get it from... I live in the Philippines...Thanks Much...

I recommend you talk to Graeme about a GTurbo when he's back from his summer (Australian) holiday.

@Dougal do you still have the turbo map? The link to the image is broken on your first post, would be great to have that back up if possible.

Just as an aside...... looking at the map/plot I see you use 100% ve..... I assume mainly because you obviously don't know the actual ve of every engine this turbo could be fitted to...... in general though, which direction will the red line move in the real world.......

Just as an aside...... looking at the map/plot I see you use 100% ve..... I assume mainly because you obviously don't know the actual ve of every engine this turbo could be fitted to...... in general though, which direction will the red line move in the real world.......

Lower VE moves the plot left. 75% is probably a good number for the max power point on an engine like this.
Also keep in mind this plot was done ~8 years ago and my turbo mapping has improved a lot since. I've got a complete plot for the GT2052 somewhere which has been plotted out using turbine side power to predict spoolup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom